Fantasy ship...

Disney_Junkie

Hello all!

Just recently returned from a 3-day DCL Dream over the weekend and as you can imagine, awesome time. But as I am planning future cruises, I was curious to know if the Fantasy ship is the same as the Dream? (ref. shows, venue, etc..) Are there any difference between the two? Are the shows the same? Is Fantasy better than the Dream?

In a lot of ways, the Fantasy is the "improved" Dream. The ships are similar, but not the same. Most of the differences are in the "behind the scenes" areas that make it easier for the crew.

The shows are different except I think they both have Believe. The Fantasy has Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique as well. The Fantasy's decor is Art Nouveau instead of Art Deco. The adults areas are Europe themed on the Fantasy and the adult area up on deck is larger. In Animators you get the animation show that is not on the Dream (you also get Crush just like on the Dream). Also I believe Royal Court has different decor than its counterpart on the Dream. I also believe the Aqualab is on the Fantasy and not the Dream.

Probably the biggest difference is that you get 7 night itineraries to more interesting ports too!

Hello all!

Just recently returned from a 3-day DCL Dream over the weekend and as you can imagine, awesome time. But as I am planning future cruises, I was curious to know if the Fantasy ship is the same as the Dream? (ref. shows, venue, etc..) Are there any difference between the two? Are the shows the same? Is Fantasy better than the Dream?

Fantasy is better the things they got wrong on the Dream they tried to correct from the pre cut Fantasy, some extra wading pools, etc, the Shows are good Aladdin is fantastic.

We spent 14 nights on the Fantasy and loved it.

Sent from my iPad.

I have a friend who swears that the Fantasy is the Dream done right.

Yes, no question, Fantasy is better than Dream. Part of that is longer cruises, but part is the actual structure of the ship where changes were made after the Dream launched to make the Fantasy work better. Other things are just decor, which is always personal taste.

I have a friend who swears that the Fantasy is the Dream done right.

Yes' date=' no question, Fantasy is better than Dream. Part of that is longer cruises, but part is the actual structure of the ship where changes were made after the Dream launched to make the Fantasy work better. Other things are just decor, which is always personal taste.[/quote']

I have heard the same thing, along with the larger adult area with more water features on the sun deck. I am hoping that they will add these features to the Dream in the near future during dry dock.