Newbie Cruisers Need Advice!

Sea.chic22

Hello, my two friends and I will be in Cozumel on March 15th (6 ships in port) from 12:00pm-10:00pm.

We are really struggling deciding what to do, we are all very active and have explored lots of options. We are celebrating our upcoming college graduation on this cruise and are all pretty adventurous. Mr. Sanchos has remained a front runner, but my two friends are worried we should do a more active excursion, and I'm worried about crowds since it is spring break time. We have talked about the Turtle Cove & Cavern snorkel (through Carnival) but it seems most of the time is spent traveling to each spot, and many others seem too over priced or just not appealing.

Essentially we are wondering if anyone has strong arguments for certain excursions, or experience with arriving so late in Cozumel on a day there are lots of ships in port?

Thank you in advance for any advice! :)

Hi, Seachic! You might check out shoreexcursioneer.com for more excursion options. Last time in Cozumel we booked their Best Cozumel Catamaran Sail and Snorkel Excursion. We had a great time, excellent snorkel instructions, fun on the catamaran, great guacamole! The snokeling wasn't that great, not too much to see- have since learned that Cozumel is best for scuba diving, but all in all a really cool excursion. One of the best parts was our snorkel guide, Fernando, who is an island native. He was very helpful, and even told us where to shop and eat in town. We had an amazing day. You can contact Fernando directly at cozumeloso@gmail.com; facebook page is cozumel mantasports. The place we ate at was Los Torros, excellent food, great prices. We had seriously considered doing Punta Sur Park last time, we are going to do it this time. I can tell you to plan your trip so that you have plenty of time to get back to the ship... first time in Cozumel we didn't realize they were celebrating Mardi Gras and the city closed off a bunch of streets... it was difficult for our driver to get us back to port. We didn't know how close we were cutting it- until they literally pulled up the gangplank just after we got back aboard!! Hope this helps!

Hello, my two friends and I will be in Cozumel on March 15th (6 ships in port) from 12:00pm-10:00pm. We are really struggling deciding what to do, we are all very active and have explored lots of options. We are celebrating our upcoming college graduation on this cruise and are all pretty adventurous. Mr. Sanchos has remained a front runner, but my two friends are worried we should do a more active excursion, and I'm worried about crowds since it is spring break time. We have talked about the Turtle Cove & Cavern snorkel (through Carnival) but it seems most of the time is spent traveling to each spot, and many others seem too over priced or just not appealing.

Essentially we are wondering if anyone has strong arguments for certain excursions, or experience with arriving so late in Cozumel on a day there are lots of ships in port?

Thank you in advance for any advice! :)

One very active excursion would be the Amazing Race Cozumel. We did this 3 weeks ago and it was a lot of fun and you will cover a lot of territory in the downtown area interacting with locals that really get into it. You also get a chance to do a little snorkeling if you want midrace. We have spent a lot of time in Coz so we have done almost all the activities there are and this was the perfect excursion.