Another Valley church question

New2cruise1483

I've read a lot of reviews that it is a gorgeous beach, however, I've also read that there is a drop off not far out. My question is, how bad is it? I'm not a strong swimmer, my sister is very short, and my mom doesn't always get around to well. So if it's too bad, we will look else where so we can enjoy the water more.

I was there last year and don't remember any kind of unusual drop. Very nice beach. Pretty much just one long line of chairs along the water, whereas if you go somewhere like Dickinson, while closer to the port, its row after row of loungers. The bar/snack bar at Valley Church also has WiFi.

I've read a lot of reviews that it is a gorgeous beach, however, I've also read that there is a drop off not far out. My question is, how bad is it? I'm not a strong swimmer, my sister is very short, and my mom doesn't always get around to well. So if it's too bad, we will look else where so we can enjoy the water more.

We were just at Valley Church Beach last week. It is a gorgeous beach and looks perfect in pictures. There is indeed a drop however a couple feet from the water's edge. We all got into and out of the water fine . I would not bring anyone with mobility issues to this beach though as in addition to the drop the sand is very soft and squishy so as you enter it collapses under your feet.

Pictures of the beach make it look like a gradual slope but it is not.

• 2 weeks later...

The drop is maybe a two foot drop and it does have a little slope so it's not a straight down falling in drop. You can get a good five feet or so out into the water before it drops and then after the drop it is flat and not too deep.