Train fare question Heathrow to Port Harwich

Hello all.

Could someone advise if I were to book my own air to London and back, what would the transfers cost me to Harwich from either Gatwick or Heathrow? It would be for 2 adults and two children if it matters. I'm told the train is the fastest way to get there. Also, what is the average travel time between either Heathrow and Harwich and Gatwick and Harwick by train?

Thanks.

Hello all.

Could someone advise if I were to book my own air to London and back, what would the transfers cost me to Harwich from either Gatwick or Heathrow? It would be for 2 adults and two children if it matters. I'm told the train is the fastest way to get there. Also, what is the average travel time between either Heathrow and Harwich and Gatwick and Harwick by train?

Thanks.

web trainline .co.uk will give an idea of price,

if you bought a family card. £20 usually a 30% saving.

from next year non resident can buy tickets online,but you can still buy these tickets from the booth on the station.

total cost approx, £105 return trip with a family card

Yes it isconenient,on return trip,train as early as 8.00am from Harwich International

By train, the best way to get staright to Harwich from Heathrow is probably as follows:

1. take the Heathrow Express to Paddington www.heathrowexpress.com

2. get the Tube (London Underground) from Paddington to Liverpool Street www.tfl.gov.uk

3. train from Liverpool Street to Harwich (additional cruise trains are sometimes operated) http://www.harwich.co.uk/cruise_trains.asp

Alternatively, take the Tube (Picadilly Line) from Heathrow to Gloucester Road or South Kensington and change to the circle line to get to Liverpool Street. Much cheaper but takes longer and there is more case carrying involved..... you may need a holiday by the time you get there!

Archived