Gatwick to Heathrow?

auntdot

In October we will likely be flying into Gatwick from Venice - and then out of Heathrow to Toronto on BA. Would we be better to overnight near Heathrow for our return flight? or if we can make the times work, how would we get from Gatwick to Heathrow for a same day return (if we used a different carrier from Venice??)

Thanks,

Dot

There is no direct rail service between the two (you would have to go into London then back out again), so the only 2 options you have for transfer are cab/private transfer (which I don't think would be cheap) or the National Express shuttle bus which costs £19 single. Personally I'd go for the bus. All the info here. http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_gatwick_bus_transfer.htm

Simon

There is no direct rail service between the two (you would have to go into London then back out again), so the only 2 options you have for transfer are cab/private transfer (which I don't think would be cheap) or the National Express shuttle bus which costs £19 single. Personally I'd go for the bus. All the info here. http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_gatwick_bus_transfer.htm

Simon

Thanks, Simon. We will figure out the shuttle hotel combo as I don't think we have enough time to do both flights on the same day.

D.

Archived