Dockyard - Where to buy wine

dnl_in_Illinois

We chartered a boat for a day sail and can bring wine aboard. Can anyone advise me where in the shopping area of the Dockyard we can buy wine? We can not bring aboard our ship, so will have to purchase the morning of our charter presumably from a shop nearby. Thanks to any who can help.

• 5 weeks later...

We chartered a boat for a day sail and can bring wine aboard.

Can anyone advise where in the Dockyard we can buy wine?

We can not bring aboard our ship, so will have to purchase the morning of our charter presumably from a shop nearby.

Thanks to any who can help.

there used to be a small liquor store in the clocktower building. There is a convenience store that has beer but I am not sure about wine.

There definitely is a couple of liquor stores on the main street in Hamilton that is a short Ferry ride away...things are expensive in Bermuda. they are either flown in or brought in by ship...

You know its cheaper to buy one of the less expensive wines at the restaurant on the ship and just take it off with you(they will allow you to take it back to your room) - they don't check stuff coming off the ship only back on-and finally you CAN take wine about the NCL ships they just charge a $15 corkage charge to do so(for a normal size bottle) so I would suggest the easiest least hassle way would be bring it from home and pay the fee...

Edited by smeyer418

there used to be a small liquor store in the clocktower building. There is a convenience store that has beer but I am not sure about wine.

There definitely is a couple of liquor stores on the main street in Hamilton that is a short Ferry ride away...things are expensive in Bermuda. they are either flown in or brought in by ship...

You know its cheaper to buy one of the less expensive wines at the restaurant on the ship and just take it off with you(they will allow you to take it back to your room) - they don't check stuff coming off the ship only back on-and finally you CAN take wine about the NCL ships they just charge a $15 corkage charge to do so(for a normal size bottle) so I would suggest the easiest least hassle way would be bring it from home and pay the fee...

Thanks for this. I'll look on the Internet and see if I can verify whether the store in the clocktower building as the wine. If all else fails, and we decide we want the wine for the charter your suggestion of buying it on the ship is the next way to go. We won't have time to get to Hamilton and back as the charter starts the day we dock in Bermuda at 10am. Totally appreciate your suggestions here!