Dynamic dining and special diets, special requests, and tables for two.

Loreni

Hello. We are thinking of trying Quantum. For those who have tried dynamic dining, I have three questions.

1) how are special diets handled? On other ships the head waiter has always brought DH the menu the night before and told him what items they could do gluten-free. This can't happen with Dynamic Dining. Also, I have read that Quantum has no assistant waiters. So I wonder if this could increase the chance of errors. I also wonder if gluten free options will be extremly limited.

2). I have to watch what I eat. So I always ask for raw vegetables instead of rolls. And for dessert, I just have fruit and maybe sorbet. Will this be allowed with dynamic dining. Or will these simple requests be denied.

3) will we be able to get a table for two. On other ships we have always been able to wait for a table for two if one wasn't available. Yet I read that with Dynamic Dining you may have to be seated with others. I notice that RCCL says that Dynamic Dining will let me select where and when to dine (it doesn't say that I can select with whom to dine).

Thank you for any direct insights that you may have.

I thought of a fourth question.

4) how easy is it to be seated for dinner if you do not have reservations? Often, DH and I cannot book cruises far in advance. We don't eat at the buffet because of Celiac disease (possible cross contamination). On other ships we have never had to question whether we can eat in the dining room if we book last minute.

I cannot answer you 1), but for two it will be fine - no problem

ad 3) We got a table for two for all our dinners - some time a short waiting time.

Itwill be the same without a reservation - some restaurants more popular/busy than otheres, but I got a table for two without reservation with a little waiting.

I cannot answer you 1), but for two it will be fine - no problem

ad 3) We got a table for two for all our dinners - some time a short waiting time.

Itwill be the same without a reservation - some restaurants more popular/busy than otheres, but I got a table for two without reservation with a little waiting.

Thank you! That's great news.

I can't answer question 1 & 2. On question #3, we were able to have a table for two in Jaime's for lunch, Coastal Kitchen and the Grande.

As far as your question#4 (how easy is it to be seated for dinner if you do not have reservations?) I believe you will have no problem getting in when they open up at around 5:30. Since our dining reservations mysteriously disappeared in their system, 5:30 & 5:45 were available in most restaurants and other restaurants were fully booked. I don't know if you arrive at other times if it will be easy to be seated without a wait. I had my guest reservation copy indicating the $35 service charge for Chops and the staff was very accommodating to us in rescheduling our dining reservations and apologized for the lost reservations. Instead of eating in Chops the first night, we went to the WJ, which was not bad at all and have a much bigger selection of food than other WJ's. We made the best of everything.

There are still quite a few kinks/bugs to work out and I feel things will get better every day and with every sailing. The staff was very receptive to open suggestions.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising