one day pre-cruise activity suggestions please

cmood

Hi all,

I will accompany my parents for a 6 day cruise in May. We will arrive at Narita airport(Tokyo) one day ahead. Our embarkation port will be at Osanbashi Yokohama.

Since my parents are at their 80s and 70s, esp. my mom has parkinson's disease, her movement won't be easy. Our activities will be very much limited.

Though all three of us first time to Tokyo, but it might be more feasible to go directly to Yokohama after arriving in Tokyo. Are we going to miss anything "must see" in Tokyo? Anyone has suggestion on what kind of activities we can do in Yokohama? Shall we stay near center or port terminal? Any hotel recommandation?

Thank you in advance for any inputs.

CMOOD

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

I will accompany my parents for a 6 day cruise in May. We will arrive at Narita airport(Tokyo) one day ahead. Our embarkation port will be at Osanbashi Yokohama.

Since my parents are at their 80s and 70s, esp. my mom has parkinson's disease, her movement won't be easy. Our activities will be very much limited.

Though all three of us first time to Tokyo, but it might be more feasible to go directly to Yokohama after arriving in Tokyo. Are we going to miss anything "must see" in Tokyo? Anyone has suggestion on what kind of activities we can do in Yokohama? Shall we stay near center or port terminal? Any hotel recommandation?

Thank you in advance for any inputs.

CMOOD

There are a lot of things to see in Tokoyo. However, you did not mention what time you are arriving in Tokoyo, this makes it hard to advise. Imperial Palace is a nice place to go but a lot of walking (up hill and stairs).

Since your mother has movement problem, I suggest that you go straight to Yokohama instead. The train platform has lifts or escalators but only at 1 location. Finding it take some time.

Below is a links to website of Yokohama visitor page. You can try China Town which is quite famous there.

http://www.yokohamajapan.com/things-to-do/

As for hotel, it depends on your budget. You find the ratings also in the above website.

Happy Cruising