Good place to get Jamaican jerk

ABQrobin

We are not booked yet but should be soon. One of our reasons for picking the itinerary is that it stops in Jamaica and we have never been there.

So... our wishlist for Jamaica is to dance to some reggae music on a beach and eat some jerk chicken for lunch, shop a little, then get back on boat. Neither of us are big beach sitters. I am having a hard time finding an excursion that meets those requirements. Most of the excursions I find are 6+ hours with lots of time sitting on a bus. Worth it?

Irie Mon beach with lunch?

Doctor's Beach by taxi?

Margaritaville with shopping?

???

Anyone who's been there.... any thoughts?

Find a driver, or here, use mine... Mark Winston (876)-324-5940 Tell him Jamaica sent you. (Yes, that's my real name) Negotiate a price with him. He will take you where ever you want to go and patiently wait for you. I wanted to shop for EVERYTHING with my name on it, after we had hit the beach for an hour or so, and he took us to a ton of different shops. Then have him take you to Scotchies! You won't believe chicken and pork can taste so good. The atmosphere will give you a real taste of Jamaica. Open air and laid back. Ya Mon!

It depends which port you are stopping at. If you stop in Montego Bay I would definitely try Scotchies and or Pork Pit for jerk chicken and pork. Doctors Cave is a great Beach that has a bar with music, a restaurant and good snorkelling off of the Beach just follow the buoy line. The restaurant there also serves great escoviched fish. There are shops just outside of the Beach.

Thanks. My husband looked up Scotchies on internet researching Jamaican food and remembers seeing it featured on some tv travel show. He is determined we have lunch there. It looks awesome!

Yes, we stop in Montego Bay. Can we get a taxi to Scotchies? On internet it looked like it was in Ocho Rios. Is there one in MoBay also? Is it near the port?

How about Doctor's Beach? Best way to get there? Is the food there just as good?

thanks!

There is a Scotchies just outside of Montego Bay. You will need a cab to take you there and to Doctors Cave, the fish in the restaurant is good, the snorkelling is great out by the buoy line. Scotchies is about 15 minutes further then Doctors Cave from the port.