Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Silversea Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Silversea Cruises
Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!
Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Old March 17th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default 100 days and free laundry?

'allo...
My next Silversea cruise will have me surpassing the 100 day mark. Can anyone tell me if the free laundry kicks in on this cruise or the next?

QE2 - Transatlantic (1995) ...........****.....QE2 - Transatlantic (2001) ...........****
Seabourn Sun - CPT-LPA (2002) .........***.....RSSC Mariner - Baltics (2002) ........****
Seabourn Spirit - Asia (2002) ......******.....RSSC Voyager - Canada/NE (2003)..... *****
QM2 - Maiden Voyage (2004) ..........*****.....Silver Shadow - Alaska (2004)....... *****
Silver Wind - S. America (2004).... ******+....Silver Cloud - Middle East (2005).. ******+
Seabourn Legend - Panama Canal (2005) .***.....Silver Shadow - Asia (2006)........ ******
Silver Cloud - India/Asia (2006)... ******.....Silver Shadow - Transatlantic (2007)******+
Silver Cloud - East Africa (2007) ...***** ... Silver Wind - Transatlantic (2008)..******+
QE2 - Last Transatlantic (2008)......*****.....Silver Wind - SEZ-MAA (2009)........******
Silver Whisper - Black Sea (2009) ...*****.. ..Silver Wind - Athens - Pt Said (2009)(T***....
Silver Spirit - Maiden... (2009)..... ****.. ..Silver Spirit - Mdn T/Atlantic (2010).****+

Silver Spirit - SCL-ACA.. (2010) .....****+.. .Silver Whisper -Rio-Cape Town (2012)******+
Silver Spirit - T/A ......(2013) .....****.....Crystal Serenity - Dover-C'hagen(2014)****
Seabourn Odyssey - Bali - SIN (2014). ****
.....Silver Wind - Mediterranean (2014)..******+
Silver Cloud - Funchal-FLL (2014)

Old March 17th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I don't know the answer to your question. However, I do know that you will be invited up the podium at the Venetian Society meeting, and presented the Tiffany sapphire pin. During our voyage last December, of the 302 passengers, only two scores have a hundred days or more. Several couples who completed 100 days during that voyage were honoured with that presentation. So make sure you attend that meeting, and have someone take pictures on your procession!

Old March 17th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

A few years ago, we hit 100 days during the midportion of our cruise.
we received the extra 5% for that cruise and the free laundry began
at the beginning of that cruise.

Old March 18th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Same here. We reached 100 days during a cruise, but had free laundry from the beginning. However, it would be wise to contact Silversea to remind them and get confirmation. Another passenger on a previous cruise told me that this benefit had been overlooked in his case.

Old March 19th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Yes, it kicks in on the cruise during which you hit 100 days. Among the papers waiting for you in your suite, there will be a card confirming that you have the free laundry. If not, ask -- probably starting with the cruise consultant, who can confirm the number of days on your "permanent record".

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

As we get ready for our second Silversea cruise, I want to remind first time cruisers of the long standing tradition that ROOKIE cruisers are the ones actually responsible for doing the laundry for the "100 day" people!

Dan

Old March 19th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Since we have only two voyages, we wonder we may never see 100 days. All we have is the sterling silver pin. For those of you lucky folks who have Tiffany sapphire pins (100 days, anyone who has done a world cruise will have that) and rubby pins (350 days), would you be so nice to take a picture of those pins and post it on this board for the benefit of our curiosity? (Use macro setting and high resolution for clarity, please!)

Old March 20th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Meow....no problem, but it would take a very strong magnification to prove a stone was attached to the pin.

Old March 21st, 2008, 04:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

We've often wondered how they got a sapphire that small....

Old March 26th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

I want to remind first time cruisers of the long standing tradition that ROOKIE cruisers are the ones actually responsible for doing the laundry for the "100 day" people!

Oh my. My first Silversea cruise is this summer. But does it count that I've been on lots of other cruises, just not Silversea? Please advise so I know whether to pack rubber gloves and detergent. hehehe

Old March 26th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default My My free laundry

On seabourn you go 140 days and you get a free 2 week cruise anyhwere in the world. Now that is a gift.