Shore Excursions to Sevilla

polySeraph

I will be arriving in the port of Huelva, Spain aboard the Koningsdam in May 2016. The ship will be in port from 8AM until 6PM. I would like to spend the day in Sevilla and was hoping to sponsor a tour for 8-10 people.

Can anyone recommend a private tour provider OTHER THAN Spain Day tours? Also, I'm open to other suggestions (trains, buses, etc) if the connections are quick.

Edited by polySeraph

One reason (among many) that DW and I do not like large groups is because one loses some control. In your port it does seem that the RENFE (Spanish railroad) does not offer any good options to Sevilla. So DW and I would probably just rent a car and if we wanted to further reduce our cost we might take another couple. A small rental car in that port would probably cost us no more than $30 plus gas. This would put the cost per person (to drive the 1 hour to Sevilla) at about $10 per person. And with a car we have freedom to go where we please, when we please without waiting for others. And yes, we have taken several lengthy driving trips in Spain (and Europe) and actually spent a few nighst in Sevilla. It is a wonderful city whether it be for a port day or a multi-day visit. The bummer about port days is that you cannot stay late enough to really enjoy the Tapas and happy hours and then later (often at 10pm) enjoy dinner at a fine local restaurant.

Hank

I am also a fan of hiring cars, but Seville is not the easiest city to drive in if you don't know where you are going. Then there is the difficulty of parking, which is a nightmare. I would probably take the bus as they are frequent.

From the bus station make your way to the Cathedral area which is where most things you would want to see are located.

Alternatively contact the local Huelva Tourist Board and they will be able to recommend a company that organises tours.