Sky Safari

Singer4Him

Has anyone done the Sky Safari excursion? How far it is from the port and did you enjoy the excursion?

We did the Sky Safari zipline back in 2009...and loved it!

Sky Safaris in St. Kitts offers five lines with the longest line extending 1350 feet. Reaching speeds up to 80 km (50 miles) per hour while zipping 250 feet above the forest floor of a tropical rainforest was truly an exhilarating, daring and adventurous experience! Ski Safaris advertises they have the safest cable ride system in the world and riders are brought to a stop through a modern spring-breaking system. When approaching the platform at the end of each run, this breaking system requires you to bend your knees, spread your legs apart and lean back. Unless you have physical/mobile capabilities, you should have no problem doing this.

For a more detailed description and to see photos of our zipline adventure, please check out my review by clicking on the link below and reading posts #154 - #156.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=8

I have also put together a YouTube video of our zipline excursion.

[YOUTUBE]6jmN2y5NPuc[/YOUTUBE]

My family and I did this excursion in January (our kids are 12 and 10). It was incredible. As the other poster stated, it takes about 20 minutes to get there in a van. At the end of the tour, there are the remains of a sugar refinery there. The zipline people will tour you around that (walking tour...it's isn't a big place at all). There are typically other people working there who will also tell you about it. One guy talked to us for 5 minutes and then said he gets $5/person for tours. Uh, no. I intended (and did) give him a tip, but not $20 for 5 minutes.

You will love this excursion. Be careful with your camera. Make sure you have a wrist strap. You can sit in the harness very comfortably and get some great photos/video. I held a video camera during the runs.

You can sit in the harness very comfortably and get some great photos/video. I held a video camera during the runs.

So if we do this, DH needs to be sure he's got the GoPro? Sounds like a fun excursion! Thanks to everyone for their input!

Can anyone tell me the prices for the zip lines? I've clicked the "Book Now" tab but it simply goes to a page telling what cruise ships they can not accommodate due to contracts with them. The Carnival Freedom isn't on the list but I still can't seem to find out any prices. Anybody help me out? :confused: :D

DH and I are booking this thru Celebrity for November. I'm curious why we need to wear swimsuit and bring a towel. I don't see anything in the description about going to a beach. Perhaps someone who has done this tour can provide more info?

Thanks!