Pacific Eden - how "smooth" is the boarding - given the time frame allotted?

Where are you boarding? We boarded in Sydney White Bay and it was smooth and efficient. Got to the terminal about 10 minutes into our allotted boarding time and there was almost no queue. We were on board within about 20 minutes and that included buying the Edge passes for the kids. Much smoother than we've found with other lines at the OPT but then I guess there are fewer people boarding as Eden is a smaller ship. I liked the process of getting your cruise card before going through passport control etc. Seemed easier than doing it the other way around.

Where are you boarding? We boarded in Sydney White Bay and it was smooth and efficient. Got to the terminal about 10 minutes into our allotted boarding time and there was almost no queue. We were on board within about 20 minutes and that included buying the Edge passes for the kids. Much smoother than we've found with other lines at the OPT but then I guess there are fewer people boarding as Eden is a smaller ship. I liked the process of getting your cruise card before going through passport control etc. Seemed easier than doing it the other way around.

Boarding in Fremantle

Boarded Pacific Eden in Fremantle twice. Both late, late, late. Second time didn't even get back into port until after 2pm. We had noon boarding. Finally got on about 5.30 pm. P and O anticipated this due to weather and had emailed and sent text messages re late boarding. They didn't provide any food or drink though, which I thought they should have. Everyone was so patient. It was amazing and set the tone for a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Boarded Pacific Eden in Fremantle twice. Both late, late, late. Second time didn't even get back into port until after 2pm. We had noon boarding. Finally got on about 5.30 pm. P and O anticipated this due to weather and had emailed and sent text messages re late boarding. They didn't provide any food or drink though, which I thought they should have. Everyone was so patient. It was amazing and set the tone for a wonderful cruise.

Thanks for that info - I think I shall perhaps look at your case as "worst case scenario" (being positive ;p)

The weather - even in port - is responsible for an awful lot of angst for cruising when it isn't the same as the "sunshine & happiness" portrayed in the picture on the packet :eek::p:D

Edited by dizzy1948

We're going on the Eden again in May and June so they have a chance to redeem themselves. [emoji3] let's face it, the Eden is here in the autumn/winter season, chances are the weather is always going to have an impact. It's a gorgeous ship, I am sure you will have a fabulous time, even if it is a delayed start.

Sent from my iPad using Forums