Hesperia Tower Hotel - Barcelona - June 2012

rhohea

Can anyone give me a report on this hotel in Barcelona.I will be arrivng 2-3 nights prior to my cruise in June and basically want to relax and get over my jet lag. I dont need to be in the city - just close to the airport/port.

It has a free shuttle from the airport, free wi fi & for the dates I will be there the cost is only E101 per night. Just sounds too cheap to be OK. I paid a lot more for a horrible hotel on La R. last May.

Expedia reviews are good for this hotel. It is a NH hotel. But I am not familiar with this chain. Any input is welcome negative or positive.

Thank you

http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotels.html?action=search&stype=mp&mpInputSearch=Hesperia%20Tower%2C%20Barcelona%2C%20Espa%C3%B1a&obj=%7B%22Type%22%3A4%2C%22Locations%22%3A%5B%7B%22Coordinates%22%3A%7B%22Latitude%22%3A41.34591476%2C%22Longitude%22%3A2.108674943%7D%7D%5D%2C%22CountryName%22%3A%22Espa%C3%B1a%22%2C%22Countrycode%22%3A%22ES%22%2C%22City%22%3A%22Barcelona%22%2C%22Name%22%3A%22Hesperia%20Tower%22%7D&fini=2/6/2012&fout=5/6/2012&nadults1=2&nchilds1=0&services=&maxPrice=&sCurrency=&searchLauncher=home&stext=

Oceania actually put a bunch of us in this hotel when we finished the Rio to Barcelona TA two years ago and the airport was closed because of the volcano ash!!! It's a very modern hotel ...great views ,very comfortable, good breakfast upstairs, a metro stop nearby and two years ago, they had a free shuttle bus that took you to the end of the Ramblas in Barcelona....and there are some small restaurants in the area, so you won't go hungry :)

Can anyone give me a report on this hotel in Barcelona.I will be arrivng 2-3 nights prior to my cruise in June and basically want to relax and get over my jet lag. I dont need to be in the city - just close to the airport/port.

It has a free shuttle from the airport, free wi fi & for the dates I will be there the cost is only E101 per night. Just sounds too cheap to be OK. I paid a lot more for a horrible hotel on La R. last May.

Expedia reviews are good for this hotel. It is a NH hotel. But I am not familiar with this chain. Any input is welcome negative or positive.

Thank you

Hi Rhonda-

The Hesperia Tower is very very convention oriented, and so the rooms are American style (enormous) and ultra generic, but also extremely comfortable and quiet. If you don't mind a higher floor in a hotel, ask for a room with a view of the Olympic Stadium.

As with any business oriented hotel, some of the rooms have seen harder use than others. If you are shown to a room that seems haggard, make an issue of it instantly.

You'll find phone and laptop charging stations just about everywhere in the public rooms of this hotel.

Their indoor pool, which is affiliated with their Spa and charges a fee is AMAZING. Don't miss it!

The Bars and lounges around the hotel were fun and surprisingly busy at times. Great for meeting people (but decidedly not the locals).

The restaurants are just ok, and eating in the hotel is the only game in town here, except for sandwich shops, but the Room Service at the Hesperia is phenomenal (though expensive).

If you DO decide to venture into the city, the hotel has a shuttle bus (ask for a schedule at check in) and the metro stop which is just across the road will get you to the city center in 20 minutes. The HT is at the last stop of the Red Line, so getting home is a breeze.

Enjoy Barcelona!

My husband and I stayed here last year for several days before embarking on our cruise. We specifically wanted a hotel located away from the Las Rumblas area in downtown Barcelona because of an incident friends of ours encountered several months before we left for Barcelona. While they were checking into their hotel which was located in the heart of Las Rumblas our friend placed his carry on bag on the floor by his feet. When he went to pick it up after checking in the bag containing several thousand Euros and all of his wife's jewelry was gone.

We enjoyed the Hesperian Tower. As alreaady stated it's a modern, but comfortable hotel. The elevators take time to conquer and the shower is also a challenge! The first night there we couldn't close the drapes and the following morning we realized they were motorized when we discovered the remote. We loved our morning breakfasts in the Hotel's breakfast room. The staff was helpful; there is a metro station conveniently located across the street. When we arrived at the airport in Barcelona and retrieved our baggage we walked outside and the Hesperian van/bus was waiting for us. The day we left for our cruise the hotel had informed us of our pick up time. We arrived at the lobby and were seated on the bus/van and departed immediately. I hope your stay is as gracious and enjoyable as ours.

Archived