Windstar Pricing Policy?

Delboy1

I appreciate that cruise lines vary their prices up and down according to sales performance. In the Med this summer comparing Windstar prices with Seabourn (have enjoyed sailing with both in the past) taking into account what is included in the price Windstar is charging 50% more than Seabourn on most of its cruises ie offering less for more! Can someone explain the logic in this?

All I can offer is re Windstar: first and foremost, you have two very different types of cruising with WS and Seabourn. Also, fewer passengers on Windstar ships, Windstar draws adults, not families (I've never sailed on a Windstar where there were any passengers under 18 onboard or any families), and for Windstar, the destinations and the sailing are the focus rather than lots of elaborate shipboard activities/events/specialty areas (such as: no children's activities or areas) designed to keep folks occupied day and night.

To Windstar fans, this makes for a very special experience.

All I can offer is re Windstar: first and foremost, you have two very different types of cruising with WS and Seabourn. Also, fewer passengers on Windstar ships, Windstar draws adults, not families (I've never sailed on a Windstar where there were any passengers under 18 onboard or any families), and for Windstar, the destinations and the sailing are the focus rather than lots of elaborate shipboard activities/events/specialty areas (such as: no children's activities or areas) designed to keep folks occupied day and night.

To Windstar fans, this makes for a very special experience.

Windstar and Seabourn are our favorite cruise lines. While I agree that they are different IMO not that different. They both offer small ship sailing advantages. While sailing aboard Seabourn we have never encountered any children aboard and there certainly were no activity areas set aside for children or teens. Again Seabourn does not offer elaborate shipboard activities/events etc. or at least not on any of our cruises. Both lines have their strengths, Seabourn all in inclusive, Windstar their Sails. Both have some of the best staff members on the sea IMO.

Shirley