Dover to Ashford Transfer (Ocean Princess)

robisonut

We are older travelers with heavy luggage. I know we can take the train from Dover to Ashford but would prefer a taxi right from the terminal if it isn't too much more expensive. We are taking the Eurostar from Ashford International to Paris on September 22. Are there taxis available for that trip and any ideas on how much?

It's 22 miles. something under half an hour.

The route is the M20 motorway

It's currently having frequent problems Dover-bound due to French strikes & migrant issues. When anything like that fouls-up cross-channel trucks, the southbound carriageway is used as a giant parking lot for waiting trucks, and motorists have to use local roads instead which can significantly increase the journey time.

But that's south-bound and won't affect you cos you'll be travelling north-bound. I mention it only to avoid you worrying if you see or hear of congestion being caused by the motorway being closed for this purpose (called "Operation Stack")

There will be taxis available at the port, but they'll be metered & probably more expensive than a pre-booked private transfer.

I suggest you get quotes from http://www.folkestonetaxi.com/ and http://www.dovertaxis.com/our-prices/

Folkestone taxis are quoting Ashford at £23 from Folkestone, add mebbe £5 - £8 from Dover cruise terminal.

JB :)