tours with Ellis

ozarkmama

Anybody use him? Any thoughts? We will have all day Saturday before we sail. DH is having second thoughts about the rental car. Thinking about doing this:

http://puertorico.en.craigslist.org/trv/4035118484.html

I have a tour set up w/ him for 10/6. I will let you know how it is. He has a facebook page as well. You might want to touch base w/ him to see if he is available.

I have a tour set up w/ him for 10/6. I will let you know how it is. He has a facebook page as well. You might want to touch base w/ him to see if he is available.

I have been in touch with him and see seems very nice. Let me know how your tour goes.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been in touch with him and see seems very nice. Let me know how your tour goes.

We had our tour Sunday. Despite the federal shutdown. Ellis still made this tour happen. We werent able to go to the main tourist area in the rainforest, but he took us on two other trails that he said is mostly frequented by locals. He indicated that the locals would revolt if they tried to keep them off these trails. Both trails led to a nice water area, fed fish, and saw some brave souls climbing rocks and swinging out a rope to dive and jump into the water. After both hikes he then took us to a local small place to eat. We had pork,rice and beans. It was a good day. He even stopped twice for us, to get drinks, use restroom, and pick up some beer for our night at the hotel. He was a very nice gentleman. He is originally from PA, but has lives in PR for almost 35 years. You should have a great time! :)

We had our tour Sunday. Despite the federal shutdown. Ellis still made this tour happen. We werent able to go to the main tourist area in the rainforest, but he took us on two other trails that he said is mostly frequented by locals. He indicated that the locals would revolt if they tried to keep them off these trails. Both trails led to a nice water area, fed fish, and saw some brave souls climbing rocks and swinging out a rope to dive and jump into the water. After both hikes he then took us to a local small place to eat. We had pork,rice and beans. It was a good day. He even stopped twice for us, to get drinks, use restroom, and pick up some beer for our night at the hotel. He was a very nice gentleman. He is originally from PA, but has lives in PR for almost 35 years. You should have a great time! :)

Thanks for the review! I have been in touch with him regarding the shutdowns but he thinks we should be ok to visit the rainforest.

• 1 year later...