2 weeks on Sunday.

Ive been reading and picking up tips on this site (especially from Geomagot), for a while now, but was just wondering if there are any other members going on the Dream on the 23rd of March. There are 4 of us going and cant wait now especially as the reviews seem to be getting better.:D

yep these boards are an invaluable source of insider knowledge...I'm just passing on the wealth of tips & insider knowledge that i have learned from other more learn-ned on these boards...where would we be without them...thanks to all you guys:cool:

yep i’m counting down the hours & seconds…really looking forward to this cruise...those beaches are calling my name;):)

I originally cruised the carribbean in 2009 on the Destiny but there is some different ports on this Itinerary. The one place I loved was Tortola, a little beach we went to by taxi. Im unsure of the name but think it was Sugar cane beach? It had an old distillery at the end of the beach which made rum.

The colours here of the sea, sky etc was so vibrant and Iam definately returning. I just hope I have the right name. Can someone correct me if Iam wrong with the name. Cheers:eek:

We fell in love with Tortola. It was our first ever stop in the Caribbean and we were bowled over by it.

Unfortunately, I don't think we are going there next year :(

I will just have to enjoy it vicariously through you guys ;)

Edited by Little Nell

Oh Tortola sounds like paradise. So is it easy enough to get to Cane Garden Beach on our own?

We will probably jump in one of those big open sided trucks for a tour of the island, I think you get a bit of time at the beach afterwards as well. Think it would be Cane Garden beach.

Edited by barnowl1950

v easy to get to cane garden beach, just jump into one of the (loads) of open sided safari buses that will be picking up from the port gates about $5pp each way, you will get a little bit of a tour (of the mountain....dont look down!) on the way (lovely veiws) and the bus will arrange a time to come back and pick you up...or just jump into any one of the busses going back to the ship

cane garden bay is usually busy with lots of bars and gift shops, brewers bay is quieter with only one beach bar and completely unspoiled, easy to get a taxi

The beach I am talking about had a distillary at the end of the beach. It definately didnt have loads of bars, one maybe two at most. I think this may have been brewers beach. We jumped in a taxi as there were 4 of us so cheaper than the open sided bus. Ill need to do research as I definately want to return here. I am rubbish at remembering names!:(:rolleyes::confused:

• 3 weeks later...
We will probably jump in one of those big open sided trucks for a tour of the island, I think you get a bit of time at the beach afterwards as well. Think it would be Cane Garden beach.

We did that Barnowl and had some amazing views over the sea to the other islands. We were dropped off for an hour at Cane Garden Bay which was not enough time! We visited the Callwood Rum Distillery which is just as you enter Cane Garden and sampled their range of rum. The driver then dropped us off in town near a tourist shopping centre of little crafty shops and after making a few purchases we went across the road to the Pussers Pub for one of their rum punches. I would recommend asking the way to Pussers as we found it hard to find! There was very little apart from a few little bars near where Dream was docked so I was pleased we jumped into a mini bus for a tour of the island. Have a great time!

H ,last year our first stop was Totola ,it is a gorgeous ,gorgeous island .This time our first stop is st maaartin which is also a gorgeous island .

Tortola was our first ever stop in the Caribbean and we fell in love with it there and then. Beautiful island :)

The beach I am talking about had a distillary at the end of the beach. It definately didnt have loads of bars, one maybe two at most. I think this may have been brewers beach. We jumped in a taxi as there were 4 of us so cheaper than the open sided bus. Ill need to do research as I definately want to return here. I am rubbish at remembering names!:(:rolleyes::confused:

This does sound like Cane Garden Beach. I only remember because I take photos of signs and names especially when arriving at new ports!

We did that Barnowl and had some amazing views over the sea to the other islands. We were dropped off for an hour at Cane Garden Bay which was not enough time! We visited the Callwood Rum Distillery which is just as you enter Cane Garden and sampled their range of rum. The driver then dropped us off in town near a tourist shopping centre of little crafty shops and after making a few purchases we went across the road to the Pussers Pub for one of their rum punches. I would recommend asking the way to Pussers as we found it hard to find! There was very little apart from a few little bars near where Dream was docked so I was pleased we jumped into a mini bus for a tour of the island. Have a great time!

Hi Jakanne thanks for the info, sounds good to us :D

Did a last dash to the shops with a list as long as my arm (can usually think of more stuff at the last minute just like Xmas) and arrived home with one sixth of it lol...not to worry most was what I thought would be nice to take but settled for what I really needed, ran out of time as we needed to take the dogs to the kennels by 3.30. Still finishing the last bit of packing...going to be a long night.

Hi Jakanne thanks for the info, sounds good to us :D

Did a last dash to the shops with a list as long as my arm (can usually think of more stuff at the last minute just like Xmas) and arrived home with one sixth of it lol...not to worry most was what I thought would be nice to take but settled for what I really needed, ran out of time as we needed to take the dogs to the kennels by 3.30. Still finishing the last bit of packing...going to be a long night.

Don't worry about shopping, depending on your itinerary that is, there are plenty of shops in port! We bought sundresses, Caribbean shirts, beach towels in a bag (Dream ones are very big, thick, blue beach towels and a bit heavy to carry very far), jewellery, bottles of alcohol........and I used the Airport Boots for a few things. Look out for the free jewellery (necklaces and earrings) in the Effy stores, etc. The shopping centre in the port area of Bridgetown is great for quality souvenirs but it closes at about 5.00 to 5.30pm.

Have a great time.:). I just want to go again and do all the things I missed doing this time!