Barbados Boardwalk

weliketocruise86

Where is the best place to access the boardwalk ? We want to enjoy a walk and end up at The Boatyard

Easiest by taxi / bus ?

Are you talking about the boardwalk by the Hilton hotel? The boardwalk actually isn't that long, and it starts south of the Hilton, while the cruise ship will be north of the Hilton. We walked back to the ship from Rockley beach (~1.5 hours), some of which was on the boardwalk but mostly just along the beach. The Boatyard/Harbor Lights is North of the Hilton, so unless you want to take a taxi/bus further south and then walk back, you won't be on the boardwalk. Hope this helps!

Are you talking about the boardwalk by the Hilton hotel? The boardwalk actually isn't that long, and it starts south of the Hilton, while the cruise ship will be north of the Hilton. We walked back to the ship from Rockley beach (~1.5 hours), some of which was on the boardwalk but mostly just along the beach. The Boatyard/Harbor Lights is North of the Hilton, so unless you want to take a taxi/bus further south and then walk back, you won't be on the boardwalk. Hope this helps!

Yes it is, did you get a taxi to Rockley ?

We walked to the bus station in town (about 1 mile, but you could also take a taxi into town for <$5 I believe) and then took a public bus for $1 each to Rockley. The locals were very friendly and eager to help us know where to get off.

We walked to the bus station in town (about 1 mile, but you could also take a taxi into town for <$5 I believe) and then took a public bus for $1 each to Rockley. The locals were very friendly and eager to help us know where to get off.

That sounds like a good plan, thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

The short answer to your OP is you can get on to the boardwalk just after you exit the cruise ship pier. There are actually 2 boardwalks on the island.

There is actually one that starts just after you exit the cruise ship and this will take you pretty close to the boatyard. After you get off the boardwalk proper the boatyard is about another 5 minutes tops from where you get off.

The other boardwalk that another poster referred to is actually on the south coast and it will run you close to the Hilton and it starts from the Hastings area in Christ Church.

Enjoy your visit to the island.

• 3 weeks later...
The short answer to your OP is you can get on to the boardwalk just after you exit the cruise ship pier. There are actually 2 boardwalks on the island.

There is actually one that starts just after you exit the cruise ship and this will take you pretty close to the boatyard. After you get off the boardwalk proper the boatyard is about another 5 minutes tops from where you get off.

The other boardwalk that another poster referred to is actually on the south coast and it will run you close to the Hilton and it starts from the Hastings area in Christ Church.

Enjoy your visit to the island.

Thanks Keith

It was the south coast boardwalk past the Hilton. I think last time we got a cab to the gap, does this sound right, if we get the local bus where is the best place to get off ?

Thanks Keith

It was the south coast boardwalk past the Hilton. I think last time we got a cab to the gap, does this sound right, if we get the local bus where is the best place to get off ?

Yes that sounds about right. If you want to start in the gap there is a bus stop just about 50 yards or so after you pass the gap. If you walk to the Fairchild Street Bus Terminal and take either an Airport or Sam Lord's Castle bus they will take you right by there. Just tell the driver you want to get to St. Lawrence Gap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes that sounds about right. If you want to start in the gap there is a bus stop just about 50 yards or so after you pass the gap. If you walk to the Fairchild Street Bus Terminal and take either an Airport or Sam Lord's Castle bus they will take you right by there. Just tell the driver you want to get to St. Lawrence Gap.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Some restaurant recommendations along the boardwalk (not that you asked...) Tapas for a nicer (excellent) meal or Blakey's for a great patio, drink specials and food.