Planning for Dog Sled Tour cancellation

jrm9999

Anyone on a cruise that goes to more than one port with dog sledding, such as Juneau nad Skagway, have you found any way to book dog sledding at both so if the first stop gets cancelled, you might get to go at the next port. All this with being able to cancel the tour at port #2 if you get to go at port#1?

when we cruised last year I think we had to cancel by ~12 or 3pm with the tour desk on the cruise ship the day prior to the port day in order to receive a full refund-- not sure if it varies for each cruiseline-- hopefully a more experienced cruiser will also respond.

So if you are out & about in Juneau-- it may be difficult to cancel the next day Skagway tour in time?? but if there is a similar tour in Ketchikan and Skagway port was 2 days away-- you should be able to cancel the Skagway tour in time

Enjoy your cruise!

You have a slightly better chance of a booking if you go to Skagway first, then Juneau. But most likely if you are canceled for a glacier dog sledding, there won't be any left over space anyway. The exception would be out of Seward on a northbound sailing, which I would call and book as soon as your inside passage cancelation occurs.

Tours are full and they only operate only so many helicopters, there aren't "spare" waiting around to be put into service when the weather clears to take twice as many people.

Cancelations happen, best is just to be prepared for them. They have happened to me many times in Alaska, just the way it goes. AND no way to predict. :)

Archived