Ghosts and goodtime walking tour?

Gingee

Well I live in Skagway and I haven't heard of this one yet, but that is no surprise. About this time every year we have someone cranking up another wrinkle for some of that tourist dollar to fall in!?!? Hopefully, if they get enough bookings they may even show up in May to provide the service!?!

How about this wrinkle? There is a town walkabout every hour or so, here in Skagway, with excellent, knowledgable guides, and you have already paid for this service!?! It is offered by the National Park Service. How about this? Get off of your ship, walk two blocks or so to the Park Service and ask about it. You may be pleasantly surprized! Then if you still are in the mood for ghosts, etc., walk kittycorner across Broadway and check in at The Red Onion saloon. They may be part and party to this tour. Failing there, the Golden North hotel is on the north corner of that same block. These are the only two places who have ever claimed ghosts in this town, other than just a block and a half west of The Golden North is where my "big sister for life" lives. She will tell you that I can "vanish like a ghost" when there is work, and then reappear as same ghost when the food hits the table!?! Hope this helps. DD

Compare in price? One is free and one isn't. LOL

Since you live there, what do you think of all the different excursions?

Also, the ghost walk is sponsered by the cruise ship. Maybe that says something.

We've done it twice. Dyeadave, it's the groups being led around by girls dressed in red dresses that look like old time "dancing" girls.

For $39 we felt it was worth it. Had such a good time on our first cruise that we did it a second time. You'll essentially take a walking tour of Skagway with the emphasis being on the red light district and the haunted past of Skagway. The tour will end with at the Red Onion Saloon where you will be taken upstairs to what was once a prominant brothel during the gold rush days.

If you prefer just to take the brothel tour, they sell tickets for that at the Red Onion for around $5.

Well dog my cats!?! This one has been around for a few years, I just had never heard that name for it. In fact they used to have a stop behind my secret garden....... At least that is what I used to convince some of those girlguides of, but all they ever did was tweak my mustache, take my money and move on with their group!

Some lady on another post a while back asked me what I thought of all of the tours here in town. I tried to think of all of them at once but had to stop just as my head was about to burst from the sheer volume overload. Thanks for the update. They have designated me a "local expert" over at Trip Advisor so now I must hasten to put that one in my archives over there! DD

Archived