HAL Westerdam 3 Jan 2015

Bengant

First cruise for my partner and me on HAL. I usually like cruises with a lot of sea days so not sure how much I will actually like all of the stopping.:D

Don't see a roll call for this trip yet.

Does anyone know if they have FOD meetings?

RD

HAL will have LGBT/FOD meet and greets listed on the program the first or second night of your cruise, not all GLBT cruisers will participate, but generally a handful to a dozen couples, just depends upon the mix on board. The meetings will drop off or gain momentum as your cruise progresses. HAL does lots of all LGBT charters so is gay friendly. Your fellow passengers are mostly well educated and experienced travelers and gay friendly. The presence or lack of a GLBT roll-call on CC is MEH, so don't judge it one way or the other.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My husband (Tim) and I (Joe) will be on this cruise. We have sailed on HAL before and a couple of times on this ship. I really enjoy the beach on Half Moon Cay and Orient Beach in St. Martin.

I hope to see you on board.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting Harry and Joe.

I am glad to hear such good things about HAL. We are both really looking forward to it. Never really thought much about Half-moon Cay as it is their private island but it sounds from both of you like it.

What is so good about it and what is there to do on it. I have read that the time of year we are likely to be there might be cool in temperature.

John

There's not much to do, that's what I like about it!

I think the cruise line offers stuff like horseback riding and maybe some diving tours. The thing I like about it is it's probably the nicest beach on the trip. Powder white sand, crystal clear water. Of course, I've timed it perfectly with the weather. Hopefully this will be no exception. And since it's the private island, it's HAL has it nicely set up with chairs, towels, and, of course, a special buffet. Nobody there but the passengers and a handful of locals. We usually pick up some bread and pinch it off into crumbs and spread it around us in the water. The tropical fish swarm up around you. All the kids watch and giggle with delight.

I've never been in January, usually go around April, so not sure about the weather. My guess is that unless a cold front is coming should be in the mid to high 70's, with the water probably a bit cool. If there's a front, it could drop down into the 50's. Let's hope for warm!

Hi folks,

I'm on the Westerdam cruise 3. Jan. - 10. Jan. 2015 together with my partner "Bengant".

Have just signed up on here to be in the club of cruise critics and board forum participants.

I'm looking forward to this cruise; it's been a while since the last cruise,......

Hope to meet you guys on the FOD meet-up.

Kind regards,

Cerbit

As Harry mentioned, Half Moon Cay really is about the beach. For me it is anyway. The weather has always been great when I've been there. And having the buffet there is great too.

I hope to see you all at one of the FOD meetings. I might not make it the first night since things are always a little hectic that first night.

Joe (and Tim)

• 1 month later...