First time on QM2

Bass

Travelling from Southampton to NY on Sept 24,really looking forward to it!

Sailing into Bayonne (NJ),spending 4 nights in NY.

Whats the best way to transfer to hotel ? Are there taxis just waiting on the quay side? Are we are better off pre-booking transport ? if so how do we know what time we clear the ship? Please help!

Also read everyone talking about wines and champagne on board,great,but i'm a strict beer drinker (I'm not a philistine !),what are prices and choices on board?

Qm2 docking in Bayonne is new. I don't know where the Sept 2 and Sept 6 dockings are, yours on Sept 30 may be the first in Bayonne. Booking transport thru Cunard is never the cheapest, but it is convenient.

The only complaints I ever heard about the beer were from two Canadians who were furious that no Canadian brews were available; Sam Cunard being from Halifax you know.

We are also on your crossing on Sept 24. We have prebooked the bus that Cunard is providing into Manhatten. It is $19.00 per person and makes 3 stops in Manhatten. You can call Cunard to book it or book it on Board. We decided to book ahead just to ensure we have a spot.

Hope thsi is helpful

Also read everyone talking about wines and champagne on board,great,but i'm a strict beer drinker (I'm not a philistine !),what are prices and choices on board?

The only useful comment I can make is about beer. The choices on draught are Stella Artois, Boddingtons and Bass. I think they also have another lager but I can't remember what. A pint is about $3.75 (but my mind might be playing tricks on me, as that seems awfully cheap - but it wasn't expensive). They also have numerous cans and bottles of american beer but I didn't pay much attention to that.

Hope this helps.

Eddie

Archived