Visiting San Juan

JRN77

I love San Juan - it has got everything you need - history, culture, beaches, shopping. Great people and great food. DW and I are thinking of actually spending a long weekend there this fall even though our upcoming cruise stops there.

My family of 5 was on the Oasis this past summer. We had a stop in San Juan and we decided to walk to El Morro and then walk around Old San Juan. We actually had a lot of fun and would love to go back. My 3 teenagers loved it because our phones worked here! We got exercise; the forts are run by our National Park Service, so you learn some history. Also, I think we had had enough sun at that point.

I think next time we may visit a beach.

• 2 weeks later...
My family of 5 was on the Oasis this past summer. We had a stop in San Juan and we decided to walk to El Morro and then walk around Old San Juan. We actually had a lot of fun and would love to go back. My 3 teenagers loved it because our phones worked here! We got exercise; the forts are run by our National Park Service, so you learn some history. Also, I think we had had enough sun at that point.

I think next time we may visit a beach.

How long did it take you to walk to el morro?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My DH and I walked all over OSJ in about 6 hours. We went to El Morro, the San Juan Gate, we walked the Paseo and meandered back through the streets and shops. We stopped at Parque de las Palomas and fed the pigeons and we had dinner. OSJ is a relatively small area and easy to navigate