Mariner laundry

eabrams

Anyone know if you can buy laundry soap aboard the Mariner or if you need to bring your own. Thanks

If it is anything like the Navigator, thinking it is, there is soap already.

When you start the washer you reach up to the soap dispenser

and push a button, it pushes the soap in and you are all set. Doing

laundry is included in the "all inclusive", at least on the Navigator

it was.:D:D

Note that the soap button is on the front of the washer, but it is on the inclined face and sort of hard to notice, just look around a bit for it (it's an added-on button).

With one washer we had to do the rinse twice as the first cycle left some soap, so allow plenty of time. But that was only on one washer, otherwise they seemed to work well. And the iron is really good.

I was quite amazed at how little the laundry room was used.

Gail ,

Some men do not expect their wives to do their laundry.

Many of us have figured out the process and some have mastered it.. Laundry is one of the things when I say to my wife that I will do it she tells me NO that I will ruin everything because I don't know what I am doing , then complains about me not helping around the house.

We men can't win ...

Truth is we did not even know that there was a laundry room on the Mariner and had we known I can assure you we would not have used it. That is what the laundry service is for...

We changed clothes about three times a day (shore excursons, swim suits, etc) so it was handy to do a load or two in the middle of the 10 day cruise. Plus did some touchup ironing on the more formal clothes. I'd bet I spent no more than a half hour total in the laundry room in the 10 days. And yes, I did it all, despite being a man..., what else was i supposed to do while the DW did her makeup :-).

>>>I'd bet I spent no more than a half hour total in the laundry room in the 10 days. And yes, I did it all, despite being a man.<<<

Me too, 30 mins ironing my stuff. DH sent his out.

>>>what else was i supposed to do while the DW did her makeup :-).<<<

My first thought was perhaps a cocktail...

I do not do laundry at home, my cleaning lady does it. But for 27 days away from home I find it very convenient to have a place to do some laundry, specially for the undies. IMO using the ship's laundry service for that seems odd & a waste of $$$. But ladies you are in vacation, do as you please:D

Archived