St Thomas /St Croix ?

travelingla

I don't think so. There aren't any roundtrip cruises that go to the Eastern Caribbean from Galveston - not enough time to get there and back on a 7 day cruise.

I checked and they don't even go to that area of the Caribbean on Voyager of the Seas' transatlantic cruises.

Basically to hit Eastern Caribbean ports like St. Thomas you need a cruise out of Florida, the East Coast, or San Juan.

Can one cruise to St Thomas / St Croix on a ship departing from Galveston?

A friend of mine wants to do that but I've not found one....anyone know?

Thanks!

Carnival has an itinerary that goes to the Florida Keys and the Bahamas, but none that leave out of Galveston to St. Thomas and/or St. Croix. I wish they did...we live close to Galveston so it's very convenient for us to sail out of there, BUT we're a little tired of the Western Caribbean!

Thank you both for your answers -- It looked way too far to me for a 7 night cruise from TX - I am not sure where she heard that.

For those of you who sail from Galveston - is it currently only Royal Cb and Carnival from there?

Thank you!

Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas sails out of Galveston only 4 months out of the year. I think December through mid-April. Carnival has two ships sailing...the Ecstasy sails 4 & 5 day itineraries and the Conquest sails 7 day itineraries. We all would love to have another ship sailing year round out of Galveston, but so far, no takers!!!

The Eastern Caribbean ports are too far for Galveston for a 7 night cruise! The Bahamas are as far east as any cruise ship can go for a 7 night cruise. Maybe if there was a 9 night cruise or something...

Archived