5 Palma de Mallorca questions.

jazarneb

I would like to combine the hop on hop off with a trip to Soller. So I gather I can take the port shuttle to one of the hop on/off stops to pick it up. (1. where do I pick this up? is it obvious? does it go up and down what I hear is a long port and pick up by all the ships?). Then I would also like to take the train to Soller and then the tram to Port de Soller. I'd probably just do round trip to keep it simple but I am open to suggestions on how to get back from Soller. (2. Can I get to the train station easily from one of the hop on/off bus stops? ) In Palma Id like to see the Cathedral and the Castelle. (3. Can I see both of these from the hop on hop off?) Id also like to see the cliffs? (4. Is this something you see anyway sailing in and out of Mallorca and no need to drive out specially for this?) And lastly Id like to do all this in a day in port on our cruise with time for lunch and a maybe bit of shopping. (5. Is all this possible or am I going to kill myself?) Note when we tour places like churches and castles we are just slow walk though and look, we dont read every plaque.

check out the web page for city sightseeing palma, it looks like their hop-on buses stop right at the port and they go to the station (I think stop 4) for the soller train. this is a very nice train ride and we would have done it round trip, but my sister was staying in a villa at pollensa so we visited them and got a lift back in their hire car! hop on bus also stops near cathedral, which I thought was really nice inside. palma is a good place to wander around.

• 3 weeks later...