Falmouth - private or group tour?

MrsMiggins

We (1 adult, 2 teens) are making our own arrangements to visit the Blue Hole and go tubing down a river. We have nothing against other people (we even like some of them ;) :p) but I do like the idea of being in control of our own plans - we probably won't want to stop for lunch or shopping, for example.

But are these excursions more fun with a group? Help me weigh up pros and cons of booking a private tour vs a group tour please! I assume that both places are full of other people when you get there anyway.

Does anyone have experience of both private and group tours? Thank you for sharing any insights. :)

We (1 adult, 2 teens) are making our own arrangements to visit the Blue Hole and go tubing down a river. We have nothing against other people (we even like some of them ;) :p) but I do like the idea of being in control of our own plans - we probably won't want to stop for lunch or shopping, for example.

But are these excursions more fun with a group? Help me weigh up pros and cons of booking a private tour vs a group tour please! I assume that both places are full of other people when you get there anyway.

Does anyone have experience of both private and group tours? Thank you for sharing any insights. :)

We did this, exactly, with courtney Taylor. Our roll call had someone who tried to get a group together, to lower the price. We joined with them and the price went down to about 70 dollars without tips. ( which we were glad to be generous ) Ended up just 4 of us in one car, so the other 4 went to lunch on Jamaica, and we went back to the pier to shop and eat. Was a WONDERFUL excursion and great experience. At your own risk. You will feel safe with Courtney Taylor.

Unless you are bringing your own lunch, it is a long day from Falmouth and you will need to stop for lunch. Scotchies was lots of fun and very inexpensive and close to the Blue Hole. That is where we ate lunch. We shared a tour with four others from cruise critic, had a blast and saved a few dollars since we had eight people in total.