Italian Flavours Majesty 19th July 2013

So got back Friday from our cruise.

Overall a fantastic experience, but we had been on the Spirit previously so kinda knew what to expect.

We stayed in a deluxe on deck 6 (632), which was a good size, there were 3 of us in there, so my daughter had one of the fold down bunks which she loved. The only real issue with the room was that the TV never seemed to get a clear reception. Our Cabin stewards did a fantastic job, with some fairly amazing towel/animal creations.

I didn't find the layout much of a problem, other than the amount of seating space inside the buffet restaurant - saying that, we always found somewhere to go. Quality of food in the buffet was good, especially the afternoon tea!

In the day we mainly sat on deck 10 near the family pool, so I could keep my eye on my daughter whilst she was in the pool. Again no problem getting somewhere to sit, I had to share at times - but getting to know people is the fun of cruising.

Joined in the 2pm trivia quizzes, when we were there .... would be nice if they had to correct answers to some of the questions, but, we won on the last day so very pleased to have my Thomsons Cruises beachbag.

The kids club was excellent, staff were brilliant, and the hours / activities were just right. Twice in the week my daughter was collected from the cabin to go to breakfast club, and she loved the evening when she went for meal and to the show - so well done to Charlotte, Tiff and the others.

Entertainment was great - Jack and Jez were great in Royal Fireworks with the 10pm gameshow. Jez even helped my daughter with her rendition of "Yellow Submarine" in the Karaoke. Only problem with Royal Fireworks was the drinks service, which was slow to say the least.

The Singers / Dancers were fantastic, and the shows in the lounge were consistently of a high quality. Poor Margot was wiped out in an accident during the first show of "Killer Queen", when she was accidentally headbutted by one of the others, but she went onto finish the show... looked like she had been punched by a prize-fighter. We had a backstage tour with Max and Brandi and they gave a really interesting insight into the life of a cruise ship entertainer. My daughter just loved Beth though, and was made up to have her picture taken with her on the last night. My daughter was terrified by the "Thriller" routine ... and still in (I wish we would have had a warning).

Having been on the Spirit I was expecting another Cruise Director like Ray, who was always around to chat to. I didn't find Paul that accessible, and didn't really see him about at all. The assistant cruise director was around more, but personally I didn't feel that they engaged with the passengers as much as Ray did. That said, the entertainment etc was great, so they were clearly doing a good job.

We went to Rome and Pompeii as our excursions, both of which were really well organised, but to be honest, it was way too hot, and I think I would like to go back to Pompeii when it's cooler.

Had a great time..... already looking again for next year.

Archived