Hamburg to Kiel transfer

sho

I am planning on a costa cruise which departs from Kiel.

The cruise company offers return flight and transfer from London to Kiel for £400 per person.

Trying to save money, I get a quote for flight from London to Hamburg for £100 per person.

But how can I get from Hamburg to Kiel port? I know the easiest way is by taxi but taxi costs about £200 one way as it is 60 miles away!

I am planning on a costa cruise which departs from Kiel.

The cruise company offers return flight and transfer from London to Kiel for £400 per person.

Trying to save money, I get a quote for flight from London to Hamburg for £100 per person.

But how can I get from Hamburg to Kiel port? I know the easiest way is by taxi but taxi costs about £200 one way as it is 60 miles away!

Hi, the s-bahn runs direct from Hamburg Airport to Hamburg main station and there is an excellent train service between Hamburg and Kiel. The main station in Kiel is only a very short distance from the Cruise Terminal.

The Hamburg - Kiel Regional Express departs at 20 mins past every hour, travel time 1 hour 16 mins. A Hamburg Schleswig Holstein ticket costs 27euros for 1 person and 3euros for each additional person up to 5 people travelling together. It is valid from the Airport to Kiel.

There are also long distance trains, (IC, EC and ICE) at various times which stop in both cities but the travel time is much the same and the standard fare is around 28euros per person.

Happy cruising :)

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

• 1 month later...

Archived