Where do RCI booked excursions leave from?

dukebball5249

Still trying to decide if I want to go with a RCI promoted excursion or a private trip through LFK or Bodden.

My question is… ( I can't get a solid answer from RCI). Where do the RCI excursions leave from in roatan? Do you board the bus inside the secure port compound or do you have to leave the gates of the port to find your excursion bus?

Don't want to leave the port and get mugged for simply walking down the street.

You will board your bus inside the pier area, but I would still go with Bodden. It is so much nicer not following a crowd behind a guy holding up a sign.. Bodden has a kiosk inside the area at Coxen and that is where you leave from with your driver. Big difference compared to a crowded bus, you can stop at a convenience store and get a cold Port Royal for a dollar.To us the private tour is the only way to go ..

There may be some others inside, but I know Rony for one, and Christopher are just outside, but it is right there near the ship.IMO there is absolutely no danger in this area...Past that you are out on the street with a ton of shops. Wife and I have walked up and down the whole area by ourselves. At Mahogany Bay where Carnival docks it is different. We had to walk a good ways outside of the secure area. There were about 5 million guys there , all wanting our business, but they were all nice and no problems.

Thank you. So Bodden and RCI pick up inside the port gates while for everyone else you walk outside the gates?