Dublin Hop On/Hop Off; transportation

What HOHO tours can anyone recommend?

What is the best way to get to Dublin proper from the pier? There are six of us traveling together.

Thanks!

I would grab a cab or if you all don't fit one that may be a van type.there is also the train or maybe your ship has a shuttle.The HOHO bus does a great tour all around Dublin...you can see the routes when you get into Dublin as there are 2 bus lines...both good.You will want to got to Grafton Street and the busses start just below there...anyone can direct you.You can stay on and do the whole route and then go back to what you may want to see or get on and off at will. A lot of the sights are walkable from one to the other.Grafton Street is the main shopping area and the Temple Bar area is really neat too.Enjoy.

Can you give me more info on the train, please? How far is it from the pier?

I'm sorry I can't help with the train as I was staying in Dublin after a cruise and taxied into the city.I don't think it was that far from the peir,but I am not sure. Do a search on this board as I think there was some inof posted on ways to get into the city.Maybe someone will post that has used the train as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The Celebrity Constellation had free shuttles into the city right around the corner from the HOHO stop. They started at 9:30 in April but will be earlier I think in June.

You can get discounted tickets at http://www.discount-london.com which has a link to the Dublin HOHO. There are 2 different lines, but basically cover the same routing. We had Dublin City Sightseeing. Great. Some have recorded commentary keyed to sights & stops & some have live commentary. We had a droll Irishman with a great sense of humor. Seemed a shame to get off we were having so much fun!

Get to the top deck, front seats if you can for the best view!

Ruth

We did the British Isles Cruise last summer on Princess and the shuttle to town was not free - they charged 5$ pp, per way, charged on your shipboard account. The shuttle dropped us at the corner of Nassau and Kildare street, close to Trinity College and Grafton St. From there, we got onto the HOHO bus. The regular price is €15 pp but we had a discount when we showed our London HOHO receipt! €12.50 pp!

Hope this helps!!

MC

Archived