Car Rental... La Romana

rtap23

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone rented a car from Avis at La Romana? They show they have a port location on their website and was curious how close it actually was to the port.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Good luck with that, there is nothing at La Romana but a cement slab, then a hill you walk up to a parking lot of excursion buses. never saw a taxi let alone car rental or a store of any type.

Good luck with that, there is nothing at La Romana but a cement slab, then a hill you walk up to a parking lot of excursion buses. never saw a taxi let alone car rental or a store of any type.

Yes we have walked up the hill by the park and have taken a cab to the airport to rent a car from Avis but they show a port location on there website and was wondering if this was something new since it has been several months since being there

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

If you do rent a car make sure the insurance you get includes "Casa de Conducto" and get the max insurance RD$ 1.000.000.Pesos

Different laws in DR for driving, if your involved in an accident your sent to jail till its sorted out. "Casa de Conducto" and max insurance is your lifeline :D

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to update anyone interested in renting a car in La Romana. We just got back and had a great time in this port. Avis has a small kiosk once you pass the small shops and bar. They had 5 vehicles available for rent that day. We were the 3rd family to rent and the other 2 cars were taken right after us so either reserve beforehand or get off the ship pretty fast. Driving towards Bayahibe and Dominicus beach is very easy but if you venture into La Romana be sure you have your Nascar skills ready. What an adventure it is driving in that city.