Holiday Inn West Bank Tower New Orleans

joanfred

Has anyone done park and cruise with Holiday Inn West Bank Tower? If so, how far to port and what was taxi fare?

I would recommend you checking in to a hotel on the east bank of the river. This hotel does not have a secure parking lot, and taxi fares seem to skyrocket when they have to cross the river.

I would recommend you checking in to a hotel on the east bank of the river. This hotel does not have a secure parking lot, and taxi fares seem to skyrocket when they have to cross the river.

I agree - get a hotel in downtown New Orleans. We used to live on the West Bank and we had some horrible traffic jams getting across the GNO (Greater New Orleans Bridge) into town. If there is an accident on the bridge you can be there for hours.

joanfred,

I am the General Manager at the Holiday Inn Westbank in Gretna. I appreciate that you are doing your due diligence prior to making important travel plans for your upcoming cruise! If I can be of any assistance, feel free to e-mail me at gm@hiwestbank.com.

In regards to our hotel, you will find that our property which was closed, completely renovated, and reopened just under 2 years ago is a top quality property for all of New Orleans. In addition to having the quality you will find in downtown hotels, we are also a great value to our downtown counterparts where you will typically find lower rates and no parking fees. Recently, we have become a popular hotel for cruise travelers because of our service, quality, and value. I encourage you to refer to our Trip Advisor page for first hand accounts from our guests, including those like you travelling on cruises.

In regards to parking, our parking is an open lot solely used by and for our hotel. I can confidently say that we have had very few issues in the two years of being open and much of that is due to our lighting and security coverage overnight of our parking area coupled with our strong relationship with our local law enforcement. I am certain you will run into no issue here that you would run into at any other hotel in New Orleans, downtown or not.

As far as a taxi fare, it is true that staying downtown will typically not require a taxi to the cruise terminal or will be at a minimal cost. A taxi fare one way to the cruise terminal runs $20 which offset by the daily parking fees is still a value to downtown.

The comment about the bridge taking hours when there is an accident is an pretty large exaggeration. Outside of downtown, there is no other area in the city which can get you downtown in a shorter period of time. The typical travel time is 10 to 15 minutes to the cruise terminal. Should the very uncommon backup happen crossing the river, our hotel is 1.5 miles from the ferry terminal which drops you at the foot of Canal street and within a half of a mile of the cruise terminal. That ferry is free for all walkers and $1 for cars to cross.

I assure you that while the replies to your post were meant to be helpful, they are not currently accurate. Having grown up on the Westbank and having worked in hotels downtown, I am available to assist you in any way making the right decisions for your travel plans, regardless of whether you choose to stay at our property or not.

I wish you the best for your upcoming exciting trip!! We would be honored to have you as our guest. Feel free to reach out if I can be of any assistance!!

Archived