Sandy lane beach?

Jennifer925

• 4 weeks later...

Jennifer

We went to Payne's beach which is just a little south of Sandy Lane Beach. We actually walked up to Sandy Lane to see all the pink umbrellas and hotel.. We took a local bus for about $2.00. The locals were very kind and helped us find the stop. It was very easy.

Pam

Have heard great things about it however don't see much posted....has anyone been there recently?? How far from port? Cost of taxi???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jennifer

We went to Payne's beach which is just a little south of Sandy Lane Beach. We actually walked up to Sandy Lane to see all the pink umbrellas and hotel.. We took a local bus for about $2.00. The locals were very kind and helped us find the stop. It was very easy.

Pam

Thanks for your reply :) was it far from the port?

Thanks for your reply :) was it far from the port?

I don't remember exactly. We are on the same sailing and I would have been happy to help you the day of but my children booked Calabaza Catamaran for us to celebrate our anniversary (which is really in April) so no bus to the beach for us this year. Below is some bus information. The locals are always willing to be of assistance.

By Bus: The bus terminal is about two blocks from the cruise terminal, just behind the Pelican Village. From there you can hop a bus to Holetown, Bathsheba, St. Lawrence Gap and elsewhere on the island all for the same price. Note that you must have exact change or purchase tokens in advance at the terminal. Barbados has two bus systems -- the blue government-owned and -operated buses and the bright yellow "reggae" buses, which are known for playing loud music and not always paying attention to maximum capacity signs. The good news is that both systems are known to run on time.

Hi,

Excuse me for hopping in here. I just wanted to make sure that you are aware there are 2 bus terminals.

We took a bus to Paynes several years ago and it was the one called Princess Alice terminal (which is straight out the port and behind Pelican Village as Groundhog59 stated) We also walked to Sandy Lane from there. The tour boats were coming in at Paynes to feed the turtles. We swam out toward them and saw turtles too.

But if going to Bathsheba, I think you need to use the other terminal. I'm not positive on this, I just remember reading somewhere that the Fairchild Street terminal services Bathsheba.

For Paynes (and Sandy Lane) we used the Princess Alice terminal and it took us along the West Coast beaches. We just told the driver where we wanted to be let off at in case we didn't know which stop it was.

It was very easy, and cheap!

• 2 weeks later...
Jennifer

Pam

Is that $2 local currency or USD?