Can siblings in different age groups play together during Freestyle Freeplay?

Emilie

Hi everybody!

We're going on the NCL Getaway in January, and I am wondering if my daughters (8 and 5) will be able to play together during the "Freeplay" hours at the kids club.

I know they won't want to go if they can't, because the don't speak English... :(

Thanks!

Thank you for your answer. We are French-Canadians.

On our last family cruise, we were on a Carnival ship from NYC, and there were a few French-speaking kids, but still, my daughters wanted to be together. I know some kids don't mind the language barrier, but I have to say it is definitely better when you understand others... In a few years my daughters will have learned quite a bit of English and our cruises will be a great opportunity to practise, but for now, they'll stick with us. At least on the Getaway there seems to be a lot of activities for children. :)

Yes they can play together at free play times, but check with the staff to make sure the groups are actually going to mingle. On sailings with high numbers of children, we have had the experience where free play occurs, but the age groups don't mix. My boys were not impressed, so now we ask.

Fwiw ds1 (9) has met and befriended children who do not speak English as their first language, he uses his rudimentary French skills, or gestures :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk