Artificial Sweetener on QM2

judy&steve

Do any of you know what brand of artificial sweetener they use on the QM2?

I prefer Splenda (in the yellow packet) or Equal (blue) will do if they don't have Splenda. I usually will bring some with me, so this is not an earth shattering thing. I would just like to know.

Thanks --

Judy

Equal, Sweet and Low, Splenda, Pure Cane Sugar and Demerara sugars Demerara is a type of raw sugar originally named for the Demerara Colony in Guyana, but now usually comes from Mauritius. I am seeing it more and more lately, and it seems to be popular. (BTW, I use Sweet and Low) and if you don't see what you want when they bring out the sugar bowl, ask for it. They usually have all five types, but it is possible that particular bowl had one variety all used up. I've never had any problem getting what I want, nor have I seen any one else turned down as it not being available. (Notably our lunch companions one day on the Labor Day cruise asked for Splenda.)

Karie,

who would love to be facing the problem of which sweetener on the QM2 about now!

• 3 weeks later...

I found out first-hand about the sweetener situation.

There was splenda in the Princess Grill. I had to ask for it for Room Service coffee in the AM. Also, there was none at the buffet area.

Didn't dare ask for it at Todd English! Only natural and white sugar were offered in proper sugar bowls with the tops tipped slightly. Nice touch! I figured if I was having creme brulee, it was just wrong to ask for Splenda for my coffee!:)

--Judy

Archived