Last voyage of the Normandie DVD

Crescoia

Last weekend I caught the last half of a PBS program on the last voyage and death of the Normandie. It combined footage from a lot of sources including home movie footage from a couple on the voyage. It was a great story, but I'd like to see the whole thing and get a DVD. I checked PBS's web site but couldn't find it there, does anyone know if such a DVD exist and is for sale?

You can download it here: http://vodeo.aol.fr/5-30-3092-A-bord-du-Normandie.html?visu=3092

The cost is 5.99 Euro. It is in French.

I still have it on my Tivo machine. I can transfer it to tape if you can't find it elsewhere. My version is in English. I love this program. I've watched it three times already. It's the only exisiting film of NORMANDIE in color. It is the last sailing of NORMANDIE and shows her arrival in NYC. The ending is very sad, though.:(

You can download it here: http://vodeo.aol.fr/5-30-3092-A-bord-du-Normandie.html?visu=3092

The cost is 5.99 Euro. It is in French.

I still have it on my Tivo machine. I can transfer it to tape if you can't find it elsewhere. My version is in English. I love this program. I've watched it three times already. It's the only exisiting film of NORMANDIE in color. It is the last sailing of NORMANDIE and shows her arrival in NYC. The ending is very sad, though.:(

Let me tall you a tale from about 15 years ago of a friend of mine who had a tabe of a Pam Wallin interview of Singer/Songwriter Jimmy Buffett on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company- I think I got that right!)

Well, he meant to reply back channel to the friend who want to see it, but instead put the reply out to a list about about 2000 Buffett fans. His faux pas became legend, and Liddleitis became a word you could actually find in an internet dictionary. (Trying googling it!) It means making a pulic post which you mean to make back-channel! I think, all told, Tom ended up making about 600 copies, at his own expense. (Yes, I have one of them, and I cherish it! I have made a copy or two, when I was able- Which involves having two VHS machines, one of which can record)

So. Freckles. About that video!.... <LOL>

Karie,

who would NEVER ask you to do that. However, if you happened to volunteer..... <G>

Archived