Formal nights on Pacific Eden

muliama

now call me old fashioned but I like going formal.

On Celebrity and Princess there are many like minded passengers. On a Carnival cruise a couple of years back to the South Pacific, there were perhaps a dozen gents in black tie.....far outclassed by lots of fab ladies in their best.

I'm going on Pacific Eden for a 15 day cruise to PNG in November.....would one stand out like the proverbial dog's balls if one wore a tuxedo

We just came off Eden from a 12 night Indonesian cruise. They don't have formal nights as such but theme nights: White night (Bianco), Gatsby & Back to school. Most other nights were smart casual with perhaps one cocktail night.

Hi cruzbear24, I hope you enjoyed your cruise on Pacific Eden? We are travelling on Eden for the 2nd Indonesian Adventure leaving 7th June & I just wanted to ask you which nights out of the 12 were the bianco & Gatsby nights? I was thinking they might keep to the same itinerary on our cruise!! Also was it warm enough to use the pool areas on your cruise? I realise the weather could be different for ours but just out of curiosity:) Thanks, Clare xx

Hi Clare, We enjoyed Eden very much and used the pool areas for 80% of the time. The main pool area has a retractable roof so can be closed if the weather is cool or raining. We had one rainy day on our way back but the captain warned us of any approaching showers. The back pool area we used on our way back as the lack of shade was better in the cooler temperatures. Beware of saving all your shopping for Bali as we were unable to go ashore as the swell made tendering dangerous. We sat in the bay until about 10 am then sailed away. Not a happy ship but safety first. The first night was Back to School, Bianco approx night 5/6 with Gatsby night 10.

Claire.

Hi Don & Chey, we are going on Eden shortly so will let you know how formal we find it upon our return.... I for one think that a tux would def look great for the Gatsby night :)

That would be great Claire...many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Did the Xmas cruise on her sister ship Eden and whilst they did have formal nights, to most blokes that seemed to mean wearing a nice shirt with a collar. Some not even that. There were some men in sports coats and a few in suits. I wore a tux but if anyone else did they were few and far between. P & O tends to be a bit more casual than Princess. I might have stood out a bit in the tux but, like you, I love getting down and formal and certainly nobody had a go or laughed at me (that I noticed). If you like it, do it.

• 3 weeks later...