Cover Charges?

Hi all

Could you help me out in finding what the cover charges are on Jewel for the following settings?

LUNA

Once paid, can you order what you want and, effectively, as much as you want? For example, you could order two entrees instead of a main, etc.? And what about drinks such as green tea? Are they included?

CHEF'S TABLE

Does the cover charge include the matched wines with each course?

Thanks for your help,

Mark.

I think it was $95 a head. You start with a galley visit which involves canapés and champagne with the maitre d and executive chef. The executive chef then takes you through the galley during the dinner service and explains what is going on in the various areas. You then go up to the table and are seated, the meal is a 12(?) course degustation with a paired wines, maitre d introduces the wines and each course was introduced by either the executive chef or the individual chef that was responsible. The photographer also took a photo that was included.

My experience was on Pacific Jewell, however I'm sure things change from time to time so may be different to the above. I believe that they generally don't do the chefs table on the short cruises though ours was by special arrangement.

The food was superb and the wines excellent. The price was well worth it.

David

Being a degustation menu, I'd be surprised if they would. It would defeat the purpose. But I understand the frustration if you have a problem with certain foods or wines as it's a problem in our home. But I guess you could always ask. But, undoubtedly, you'd have to do so well ahead of time.

Thanks for that.

I have done chefs table on the carnival legend and spirit and you were just given a choice of beer red or white wine.

It was an amazing night.

I've cruised PO on jewel and pearl before but never done the chefs table but plan on doing it on this next cruise.

It seems like it will be more of an upmarket experience with the matching of the wines :)

I will try the reds but I'm not a red wine drinker normally as years ago I had a migraine after drinking it.

It may not be too bad in moderation with the right food to go with it :)

Would you know where to find a copy of the menu please

As I found the carnival one easy due to the food critics blogs.

The red wine issue sounds like additives.

I've looked it up and it's a seven-course meal plus canapies and champagne to begin. I can't find a menu but I'm guessing that probably changes a little anyway. Booking is via Waterfront once it appears in the Pacific Daily.

Thank you.

I was hoping I could book prior to sailing like I did on carnival.

Looks like I will be standing in line. I hope I get in :)

Do you know how many they do on a 11 night sailing?

I don't know how many. I was assuming just one but I really don't know. The best way of booking these things is to check your Pacific Daily when you get back to your room in the evening. If you see there's something you want to be a part of that requires booking, ring up from your room immediately.

In the case of the Chef's Table, you would ring the Waterfront Restaurant on the spot to confirm your place. That way, there's no queuing.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't wait until you see anything in the Daily about booking Chef's Table, do it on the first day you board as soon as you can. It's very popular and fills up quickly, and they only do one or two on a 9 day cruise.

They do match wines, but if you can't drink red just tell them when they go to pour it and ask for white instead (that's what someone did at our table and it didn't cause a problem).

I went on the Aria in April, and there was a duck dish, a lobster bisque and barramundi, then a palate cleanser sorbet, followed by wagyu with the most divine red wine jus, a cheese selection and dessert

Don't eat lunch that day that's for sure !