La Paz shuttle

CarolynB

I need information that I can't find anywhere. We are sailing on the Carnival Spirit and one port is La Paz. My mom uses an electric scooter and I am wondering if the free shuttle into La Paz will transport her electric scooter.

Thanks.

• 4 years later...

I don't know about today, but when we did this cruise the shuttle was a old type school bus with no lift, so no, the transportation was not accessible. Can she walk up bus steps?? Not sure if there was a luggage bag that could take a scooter or not.

My mother just visited the pier area vendors, and then I went into town by myself on the shuttle while she stayed aboard at this port.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there on Grand Princess last week and La Paz shuttles are greatly improved on what's been reported here in the past. Most shuttles were luxury coaches (none accessible) plus at least one low-floor bus that was accessible.

One thing to watch for is that, while most low-floor buses I've seen have a ramped front doorway and space for two wheelchairs, theirs have the ramp at the rear door and only one wheelchair space. When we went into La Paz, there were actually two wheelchair users on board, one parked in the aisle next to the other, but this isn't ideal. (Nor would it be ideal for someone to have to wait up to an hour for it to come back.)

Edited by Kremmen