Cabins on Star Clipper or Royal Clipper

MSEm

We are looking at the Med for May 2009. We need advice on the Ocean view cabins. We prefer a queen/double bed. Is there really any difference in size between the Cat 3, 4, or 5?

Are there any cabins to avoid or any within a catagory that are better location?

Any other suggestions for the Med for May 2008 from Athens or R/T Athens. Maybe do a back to back Greek Islands and Turkey?

Thanks for the help

MSEm

msem2@cableone dot net

If you go to StarClippers.com, you can find both deck plans and 360 degree views of each cabin category. There are size differences in the cabin categories including the amount of storage or access impairments (i.e., ship is narrower forward, odd shape to room, etc.). You might also want to consider the location of the cabin to noise from other passengers in common areas (ladders, dining room, etc.) or ship operations (anchors, kitchen, etc). The more central the cabin's location and lower the deck, the less movement will be dected. That said, we had category 3 cabin 239 for 23 nites on the Royal Clipper in Oct., 2003 and loved it!

• 3 months later...

I think we had a category three. I don't remember what the price difference was between the lower deck and the next level up. We had a great room - just up from the dining room. I too would try to stay in the center of the ship. I didn't love the corridor in the front of the ship.

Archived