Hair/Makeup on Ship Salon

dolfinmusic

Hi,

I'm getting married during our cruise in Key West. I looked for a salon on land as I was told the ship salon was closed in port. Now I'm told new policy, they are open. I have never used a ships salon services and kind of unsure as to what to do. We are getting married on the ship so it would be great to stay on the ship and get ready but on the other hand, I already made my appt at the hair salon in Key West and put down a $50 non-refundable deposit. I also feel the land salon might have more experience with wedding hair and make up.

Thoughts or advice? Thanks!!!!

It was several year ago, but I was married onboard while we were port at Key West. I had two guests who are stylists, so they did my hair and hair for a couple of my maids. But there were alot of us. Two of my sisters took advantage of the ship's salon. They made arrangements once they got on this ship and the salon even opened early to accommodate them. They were both very happy with the result.

Since our wedding was onboard, the idea of getting off the ship for a hair appointment, would have seemed much to rushed (our ceremony was at noon). I was really glad not to have to worry about getting on and off the boat that morning. But you may have more time than I did.