Off Carnival Freedom at 6:30 a.m. with self-debark

jkjmt

We got off the Carnival Freedom at 6:30 a.m. using self-debark and breezed through customs. Taxis arrived by 6:45 and we were at the airport by 6:50. Luggage checked (inside....outside check had a guy there checking about 15 pieces of luggage) and through security in 10-15 minutes. Sitting at the gate at 7:05 a.m. for our 10:05 flight.

I did worry alot before hand.....would I do it again......probably......it was worth the worrying to be home at 2:30 p.m. (western New York).....:D

We got off the Carnival Freedom at 6:30 a.m. using self-debark and breezed through customs. Taxis arrived by 6:45 and we were at the airport by 6:50. Luggage checked (inside....outside check had a guy there checking about 15 pieces of luggage) and through security in 10-15 minutes. Sitting at the gate at 7:05 a.m. for our 10:05 flight.

I did worry alot before hand.....would I do it again......probably......it was worth the worrying to be home at 2:30 p.m. (western New York).....:D

Since you said you would probably do it again can you tell me what if any issues you had. Is it worth it?

There are just soooo many things that can go wrong....

My experience is only with Carnival.....

First of all, we usually self-debark with the whole ship at 8:00 and there usually is a long line from the front of the ship to the back of the ship waiting to exit the ship (half hour to forty five minutes). Then of course there is customs.....which usually has a loooonnnnng line too (another half hour to forty five minutes). Then waiting in line for a taxi (another half hour to forty five minutes). Luckily the Ft. Lauderdale airport is only a 5 minutes ride (if there is no traffic.....there were seven ships arriving in port today...:o) Then of course the lines at the airport checking luggage and the lines through security.....add this all up and a 10:05 flight is scary because you have to have your luggage checked 45 minutes prior to the flight. (We travel with a teenage daughter....so all carry-ons are out of the question.)

Plus....on this cruise we went to Jamaica....and if some idiot tried to buy drugs and bring them on the ship, and into the United States......that holds everything up too.

Everything went beautifully for us leaving the Carnival Freedom.

That's great about you being able to walk off so early. Can I ask you about the air conditioning on the Freedom? Was is cool in the pulic rooms, like dining room and theatres? I like it cool!

jane

That's great about you being able to walk off so early. Can I ask you about the air conditioning on the Freedom? Was is cool in the pulic rooms, like dining room and theatres? I like it cool!

jane

I can answer that one. I am cold natured and didn't get cold. The dining rooms was just the teensiest bit cool to me but not even enough that I took a jacket. HTH

Archived