Going to Bermuda

Mikä1539185720

So next week my fiance (will be wife at the time) are going on a cruise to Bermuda. I just did a google search for LGBT Bermuda and found this;

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000372.htm

Has anyone had issues in Bermuda, any tips? Places to avoid? We live in Boston and usually vacation in Ptown and Key West so this type of environment is kinda new to us.

I, also, am from Massachusetts and Bermuda is one of my favourite places on Earth. It is extremely beautiful and the citizens are civilized and friendly. DH and I had no issues whatsoever when we visited the island, although we are not big on PDA even at home. As long as you and your wife don't walk around liplocked, you should be fine. It truly is a wonderful place.

I, also, am from Massachusetts and Bermuda is one of my favourite places on Earth. It is extremely beautiful and the citizens are civilized and friendly. DH and I had no issues whatsoever when we visited the island, although we are not big on PDA even at home. As long as you and your wife don't walk around liplocked, you should be fine. It truly is a wonderful place.

Nice to hear. My husband and I are headed to Bermuda next year for our 2nd wedding anniversary. We were a bit hesitant, but our travel agent reassured us. It's good to hear confirmation of that from another gay traveler.

My DH and I love Bermuda. We've cruised there twice in the past and have an upcoming cruise to Bermuda this July. We've never had an issue. However, we rarely show PDA, even when we are home, so this may be why. Bermuda is a beautiful place full of very nice people. It is also a very safe place to visit. But, it is a traditional and conservative culture so I doubt there will be any Atlantis or Olivia cruises stopping there anytime soon.

Hubby and I are sailing on the Summit June 14. This will be our 4th cruise to Bermuda. We LOVE going there and we LOVE "X"! You should have absolutely no problems or issues and like an above poster stated, as long as you don't walk around lip locked......no issues! I think you will LOVE Bermuda (we do) and you will LOVE "X"....we do! We were on the "Equinox" this past Feb in the Caribbean and have done "X" twice TA, as well as a few other cruises on "X".

Congratulations to you and your bride to be!

My DH and I have been a few times and love Bermuda. We took one of the sunset catamaran tours and it was very romantic. The crew pointed out some interesting sites and answered questions about the island area. Of course, the sunset can't be beat!

Bon Voyage and congratulations again!

We love Bermuda and have been there a few times now. We always have a great time, but I too wouldn't be comfortable being out while in public.

Congratulations on your wedding, I hope you it fabulous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

We had fun even though certain aspects of the cruise were awful. Food was the worst I've ever had on a cruise and the service was really bad. We made the best of it though. We wont be sailing on the Dawn again. We're going to give NCL one more try. We booked a cruise over xmas out of NYC on the Breakaway.

We had fun even though certain aspects of the cruise were awful. Food was the worst I've ever had on a cruise and the service was really bad. We made the best of it though. We wont be sailing on the Dawn again. We're going to give NCL one more try. We booked a cruise over xmas out of NYC on the Breakaway.

So sorry to hear you had a bad experience on the ship. I have never sailed the Dawn but my parents have and they also were not impressed. I have been on the Breakaway though, and whilst NCL's model is not my fave, the Breakaway is undoubtedly a gorgeous ship. We sailed her to Bermuda a few years ago and there was just so much to do [and a lot of 'family' on board...the FOD meetups were quite the event! haha.

How did you like Bermuda itself though? Hopefully you and your wife got to enjoy the beautiful island. If you do decide to go back, try HAL as they sail the Veendam out of Boston. It is a small but lovely ship and she can dock right in downtown Hamilton.

Bermuda was really nice. Really expensive though. We went to the bar one night in the port area and I had a couple of beers and my wife had a cider, the bill was almost $50! The only issue we encountered on the island was in that bar. We had some creepy local guys hitting on us who just wouldn't accept the fact that we are lesbians. They were saying things like "you just need a real man", luckily there were a couple of officers from the ship who stepped in between us and walked back to the ship with us.