RCCL ~ OOTS Vow Renewal Photography Review

We just got back from our cruise, on which our vow renewal took place. I wanted to give my personal opinion on what we experienced as it seems there is not a lot of information online or here on the forum in terms of reviews for their professional photography services.

As part of our vow renewal package we were allowed to select 20 images for no additional charge.

Out of 600+ photographs, we were adequately happy with the 20 we selected. But by no means were we thrilled or elated with the service.

The issues we experienced were:

1. The photographer kept shooting upwards, which is a very unflattering angle.

2. Different angles were far and few (if any).

3. No different lenses were used.

4. Many photos were blurry.

5. No creative shots what-so-ever.

6. Camera settings were very odd – i.e. 1/60 sec; f/4.5; ISO 2000.

7. Our photographer didn't ask us any questions or what our preferences were before shooting.

8. Our CD didn't include full resolution photos. Some photos aren't even good enough for 8x10 sizing!

9. As our children were part of the ceremony, our photographer didn't even take any photos of just the two of them together (and this was out of 600+ images).

10. Our photographer became very rude once we stated we weren't going to purchase an additional package – which by the way the minimum was $1500! No negotiation what-so-ever.

Here are the 20 photos we selected https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o87h4sa3b7h3ztt/AACS_KlzhvNeJzpL9uPxeF4qa?dl=0

Here they are again after my photographer friend edited them https://www.dropbox.com/sh/387sw7aa1xzcddx/AABiB1X_KKGWxa5uU0PYXyuRa?dl=0#/

We just got back from our cruise, on which our vow renewal took place. I wanted to give my personal opinion on what we experienced as it seems there is not a lot of information online or here on the forum in terms of reviews for their professional photography services.

As part of our vow renewal package we were allowed to select 20 images for no additional charge.

Out of 600+ photographs, we were adequately happy with the 20 we selected. But by no means were we thrilled or elated with the service.

The issues we experienced were:

1. The photographer kept shooting upwards, which is a very unflattering angle.

2. Different angles were far and few (if any).

3. No different lenses were used.

4. Many photos were blurry.

5. No creative shots what-so-ever.

6. Camera settings were very odd – i.e. 1/60 sec; f/4.5; ISO 2000.

7. Our photographer didn't ask us any questions or what our preferences were before shooting.

8. Our CD didn't include full resolution photos. Some photos aren't even good enough for 8x10 sizing!

9. As our children were part of the ceremony, our photographer didn't even take any photos of just the two of them together (and this was out of 600+ images).

10. Our photographer became very rude once we stated we weren't going to purchase an additional package – which by the way the minimum was $1500! No negotiation what-so-ever.

Here are the 20 photos we selected https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o87h4sa3b7h3ztt/AACS_KlzhvNeJzpL9uPxeF4qa?dl=0

Here they are again after my photographer friend edited them https://www.dropbox.com/sh/387sw7aa1xzcddx/AABiB1X_KKGWxa5uU0PYXyuRa?dl=0#/

Thank you for this review. I'm sorry your photography experience did not go as well as you hoped. I looked at both sets of pictures and think they look lovely although the colors pop more in the edited photos.

Hmm, I wonder if you can provide a shot list in advance to the photographer, although that probably wouldn't eliminate the problem of him/her taking pics from unflattering angles.

Thank you for this review. I'm sorry your photography experience did not go as well as you hoped. I looked at both sets of pictures and think they look lovely although the colors pop more in the edited photos.

Hmm, I wonder if you can provide a shot list in advance to the photographer, although that probably wouldn't eliminate the problem of him/her taking pics from unflattering angles.

This is why I thought it was important to comment. People spend A LOT of money on these photos.

I'm sorry, but the so called "professional" photographer assigned to us was clearly not a professional. I wish we had been able to see other examples of his work before he was assigned to us.

• 6 months later...
This is why I thought it was important to comment. People spend A LOT of money on these photos.

I'm sorry, but the so called "professional" photographer assigned to us was clearly not a professional. I wish we had been able to see other examples of his work before he was assigned to us.

Thanks for this helpful review. Did you pay for extra photography time or was it just one hour? Was it enough time go round all the different neighbourhoods?? I am getting married in couple of months and I'm not sure what to do about photos. I don't want to pay extra for rubbish photos!

• 5 months later...
Thanks for this helpful review. Did you pay for extra photography time or was it just one hour? Was it enough time go round all the different neighbourhoods?? I am getting married in couple of months and I'm not sure what to do about photos. I don't want to pay extra for rubbish photos!

It was just an hour. We told him where we wanted to go.