NEED HELP! Carnival Freedom

So, we booked our cruise...7 day-Jamaica,Cayman Islands, Cozumel for July 16, 2016.

We are trying to decide on a wedding package through Carnival.

We want something simple and as STRESS FREE as possible. I DO NOT want a reception, JUST cake, hors d’ouevres, and DRINKS! I originally wanted a ceremony on the beach but I am not willing to spend $1800 (for just me and my fiance) + ($40-90 ea guest + additional for transportation for the guest to and from the ship).

So...we are looking at the Time to Celebrate package...does this sound like what we need to book??

I want to get married in the first port we come to get is out of the way so everyone can have a calm, relaxed vacation...including us! So the first port is Montego Bay, Jamaica.

As far as locations of the Carnival Freedom, I do not want to have a ceremony inside, does anyone know if they have locations outside on the deck??

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated:):)!

Carnival will not do ceremonies on the open deck--they only do them inside. Very few of the cruise lines offer this as an option.

If you want something really low-key (less-stressful), inexpensive, and don't want the full reception you might consider getting legally married beforehand and book a vow renewal package. We got legally married two weeks before sailing to make sure we were legal as Carnival needed us to be. It was great for us and our guests! We would totally go this route again.

It came with all of the perks of an embarkation wedding (except for priority check-in) and the cost was substantially less (I think it was $800). We just booked our "reception" for the piano bar and they allowed us to hire the pianist. Plus, it was on the first sea-day so no one's ports were interrupted and the rest of the time was "vacation". Plus, going this way you are not dealing with third-party vendors, just Carnival Weddings and onboard staff. This is the link to our review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1774666

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Yup. We had boarded on Sunday and had our ceremony on Tuesday (it gave the onboard coordinator a day to figure things out for us), so it was actually the second sea day. The captain performed the ceremony and it was way easier to schedule our photos. Going this route isn't for everyone, but we had to be married before sailing either way and all of our guests were sailing. Our guests actually thanked us for doing it this way because it didn't tie up a port day for them.