Day Passes at Orient

zzmaxwell

Hi Guys!

We are in the planning stages of another group cruise and we are stopping in St. Martin again. We did the Bernard tour this past February and so this time around we just want to go over to Orient Beach and hang out for the day. Is there anywhere over there that offers Day passes for the day or somewhere along the beach we can be left at that would rent chairs to us for the day? We don't want to be rushed this time around and saw some lovely little shops along the beach and had the best drinks of the cruise at a little bar by where Bernard stopped for the short time we were there. We also want the parasailing and such that a couple were able to do before we had to leave.

Also, can you take taxis over there or do you have to secure transportation through someone before you arrive? There will be at least 20 of us heading over there.

Thanks so much for your time!!!!! :)

Robin

Hi Guys!

We are in the planning stages of another group cruise and we are stopping in St. Martin again. We did the Bernard tour this past February and so this time around we just want to go over to Orient Beach and hang out for the day. Is there anywhere over there that offers Day passes for the day or somewhere along the beach we can be left at that would rent chairs to us for the day? We don't want to be rushed this time around and saw some lovely little shops along the beach and had the best drinks of the cruise at a little bar by where Bernard stopped for the short time we were there. We also want the parasailing and such that a couple were able to do before we had to leave.

Also, can you take taxis over there or do you have to secure transportation through someone before you arrive? There will be at least 20 of us heading over there.

Thanks so much for your time!!!!! :)

Robin

Not sure about the day passes however, I do know there is parasailing. 2 years ago when we on Bernards tour we went to orient beach as you did and went parasailing, it was very reasonable too!! A heck of a lot cheaper than what the cruise ship has to offer of course :P Had an amazing time, as it was my first time and St. Maarten is beautiful from above as well as on land. (: They take you out on a jetski to the boat and then go out and parasail there were only 2 of us, my boyfriend and I that went out and it seemed like we were up there for a decent amount of time. However, like I said that was my first experience so I don't know how long it was in comparison to others. Definitely worth it in my opinion!

As far as Taxis go, the rates are listed below. You can take it from the taxi stand, they all have designated areas. However, if you are having that many people depending if they are all leaving at once you might be able to maybe set something up prior for cheaper, something to look into. Sorry I don't have a better answer though : (

IMG_2358.JPG

Goodmorning! Thanks for the fast responses. We do love St. Martin! :)

When on Bernards tour in February we did have some that did some parasailing and loved it. This will be my 4th time there and we've always had a great time but after stopping at Orient Beach we are hooked.

Runner15km, thanks for the links! Loved them both. I'm not sure which one to choose. Are they close by each other? I think we'd like to stay at one but visit the other. We loved the little boutiques over there and want to do some serious shopping as well. The only other place I've been to so far that has those little boutiques is St. Johns! Love them!

MNcruiser117, thanks for the link to the taxis. I'll look into it as it gets closer and hopefully we can secure a couple of vans. There could be 30 of us if everyone goes so it would be nice to set it up ahead of time and not have to worry about it!

Thanks again!

Robin :)

Yes, the two beach clubs are very close to each other. Be sure to tell driver where you want to be dropped off. Otherwise the main dropoff point is Pedro's Beach Club which will require a walk up the beach to get to OF or kaokao's.