Sim card Barbados

jaydonny

Sim Card Barbados

Hi, any one used Digicel prepaid for phone/data ! can you get service on most of the Caribbean islands ? how far is Digicel from the terminal ?

cheers jay.

I personally don't use digicel but you will be able to get data island wide, if you use one of their sim cards or if you are roaming. You can also use cable & wireless (now trading as LIME) as another option.:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Bajan Keith,

My wife and I are arriving this Saturday for 1 week in Barbados before going on a cruise for a week so please could you help with the following questions.

We'd like to purchase a Sim only card (we have unlocked phones) for the 2 weeks for calling back home to the U.K and would like to know if it can (1) be used on other Caribbean islands? (2) What is the approximate cost?.

Thank you.

Keith

ps Not bothered about Data

Hello Bajan Keith,

My wife and I are arriving this Saturday for 1 week in Barbados before going on a cruise for a week so please could you help with the following questions.

We'd like to purchase a Sim only card (we have unlocked phones) for the 2 weeks for calling back home to the U.K and would like to know if it can (1) be used on other Caribbean islands? (2) What is the approximate cost?.

Thank you.

Keith

ps Not bothered about Data

Hi Keith:)

I am now seeing this so hope its not too late and you have not left already.

Yes you can purchase a SIM card from any of the providers, like I said earlier I don't use Digicel so can't speak to the price. However a SIM card from C&W is BDS$15 and I believe it comes with a $10 credit loaded on. Yes they can be used on the majority of the Caribbean islands you will visiting.

Prepaid data is also available at very reasonable rates just inquire when you go to purchase your SIM.

Hope you enjoy your visit to the island.:)

Edited by Bajan Keith