Marco Polo Solar Eclipse Tour - 2015

HawaiiUK

Nothing to say or ask - just booked this yesterday, and I'm so excited!! Needed to 'excite' somewhere! :D

My husband is a very keen astronomer so fingers crossed not only for a good solar eclipse but also we get to see the aurora borealis at some point.

Orkneys, Faroe Islands, overnight in Iceland, and Invergorden.

We seem to be settling into a pattern of a cruise every 2 years!

I'm sure this is a marketing ploy and maybe prices will come down again, but I just checked my cabin grade today ... and the cost has gone up £1260 since I booked. So am feeling chuffed, and will gloat to my husband how right I was to book so quickly! :D

Now, when can I book a cruise around New Zealand for 2017? :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

We are vaguely looking at this one - I know DH would love to see a solar eclipse. We've had information sent about this cruise and also one on Voyages of Discovery MV Voyager. However, although there are a couple of OK-ish reviews on here of the ship, the ones on a UK cruise site are unanimously dreadful! So, that rules that one out and we need to look again. DH isn't that happy about the Marco Polo from what he has read, but I think that on this cruise the destination is definitely more important than the ship!

Sorry to hear the price is already rising :(

It will be interesting to see if any of the other cruise lines plan to take in this 'event' - it's too far out for many of the itineraries.

Archived